Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Goodbye Old Friends...

Since two, I knew all of you.
I watched you grow as closely as you watched me.
We used to play together, but that was very long time ago.
I remembered hanging lanterns on you during Mid Autumn Festival.
I remembered attempting to climb onto you, but failed.
I remembered how you sheltered me from the sun while I watched my friends played soccer on the basketball court.

I did not want to see you go.
I escaped to Malaysia yesterday to avoid hearing the sound of the electric saw.
But I cannot today.

My happy mood turned terrible the moment the yellow-helmet men came.
It got worse when 3 of them were working on all of you at the same time.
The sound cuts my heart like a knife.
Then I heard you fell to the ground which you and I are so familiar with.
A ground that would soon be covered by walkways and lobbies of big, tall buildings.

Michael Jackson's 'Earth Song' started playing in my head....






Is it abnormal for a human to feel so strongly about a living thing that could not communicate?
I don't know.
All I know is as the sound of the electric saws continued to cut through the trees, my heart aches badly.
And the sound of the trees crashing to the ground creates too much emotion in me.
I do not like it.

So I turned on my speakers.
It did not help.
Thus I cupped my ears with headphones and turned up the volume.
Why is it that I can still hear the commotion?
I sang to every song played on the radio.
How is it possible that I can still hear what's hundreds of feet away from me?
I closed my windows and switched on my fan.
Did that solve the problem?

I realised it did not.
'Cos ultimately it was not the sounds....
It was the fact that I have to say Goodbye To My Old Friends.

Today, my husband, who is in the real estate industry, told me the National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan had announced that the government are reviewing the Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) scheme. As for now, he has suspended future land sales under the DBSS scheme.

The DBSS scheme is unlike properties listed for sale by owner leads. Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) is a first pilot project build by Sim Lian private developer but maintained under the Housing and Development Board belt after construction. It would be built towards condominium unique design and with good location in matured estate like Tampines, Ang Mo Kio and Bishan.

If only this review came earlier, my old friends would not need to be sacrificed.
*sigh*

"Goodbye Old Friends"

No comments: