Monday, August 16, 2010

Was I Hit By H1N1?

On Thursday night, my head started to spin and the body weakens.
I thought it was just tiredness.
Went to bed and woke up the next day tearing because of sharp backpain.
It was so bad I could not get out of bed.
I could not walk.

Fever came.
Sore throat.
Headache.
Backpain.
Slight sniffing.
BREATHLESS......

So it was horrible!
I could not catch my breath.
That was how it was for the whole of Friday.

In bed.
Didn't eat much.
Didn't drink much.
Just kept turning around in bed because of the backpain.
Dozing off occasionally due to extreme tireness.


I did not visit the doctor.
I could not get out of bed remember?
And I still have my little Binbin with me at home.
Who was happily having his Cartoon spree for HOURS!

Friday was a super busy day for Allan.
He was out with clients.
But he is all good.
Checking on me every now and then.
Just like many of my friends too.
A little late in replying got them worried.... *giggle*
Oh man! I was asleep.... relax....

When Allan was done with his appointments, he said
"Your symptoms reminded me of me when I had H1N1."
(see his H1N1 symptoms here)
Remembering H1N1 have different variants. So everyone's symptoms would have slight difference.

Once I heard that, I took his H1N1 medication.
And the next day, though Still Very Unwell, I was able to Crawl out of bed like a dog!
Hooray!

On Saturday,
Thank God, the kids were out with my sis and her boyfriend to the zoo.
The trip was planned months ago.
As if God knew that I would be this sick months ago. *wink*

 I still had all of that:
Fever.
Sore throat.
Headache.
Backpain.
Slight sniffing.
BREATHLESS......

But they were of a lower intensity.

Slowly one by one.... their intensity got even lower and lower and gone....

So now I am typing this post, with none of the above EXCEPT the breathlessness due to irritably phlegmy cough.
But hey!
I can deal with that!
*wink*

So I am on the way to recovery, but to say the 'usual' chirpy Angeline is back? Nahhh.... still far from it. 

Some of you might think that I am very stubborn. I refused to visit the doctor.
*deep breath* after my many horrible incidents with doctors, I.... Hhhhmmm..... prefer not to visit them....

So this post is to say thank you to all friends who had sent their well-wishes over the past 3 days through sms-es and calls.

Thank You! *smile*

3 comments:

Richman said...

Angel,indeed you have scared us and we are just wondering what has happened to our cheerful Angel? Nobody has an exact answer at that moment despite sms or calls. Thinking of reporting to police... at that moment... until you are feeling better to respond to our calls or sms. Now, we are glad that you are on your way to recovery. Hope to see you again soon.

Wishing you have a speed recovery.

Do remember to call us if you need our help, ok? Just don't feel "paiseh". We will always be there for you (if needed).

Blessed mum said...

oh no! I only know u are down now!!! bad friend!! hope u are back to your normal self again.. so sorry, really :(

Angeline said...

@Richman,
*phew* luckily you guys didn't call the police man!!! If not it would be so embarrassing. *giggle*

@Blessed mum,
oh girl! Don't be silly lah... you are like a rare gem in my chest of treasured friends. I still love you no matter what! *hugs*