Thursday, January 20, 2011

McDonald's Miniatures in Singapore


I was 'shouting' all over the place about how IN LOVE I am with the current McDonald's Miniatures sold in Singapore. My cousin used to be a McDonald's floor manager for almost 20years. I remember McDonald's used to have miniatures several years back too, but those were REALLY MINI! I still recall receiving them as gifts from my cousin as well when I was still a kid.

So that's the background of how I started loving miniatures. One of my Favourite birthday present of all times, other than Little Twin Stars merchandises (I am a HUGE Little Twin Stars fan) has to be the mini-sofa clay set bought by my sister many many years ago. (I think this might come as a surprise to her if she gets to read this... *smile*)

Ok, enough about my love for miniatures.

Here's the real stuff now.

McDonald's is selling the Apple Pie, Big Mac, Double Quarter Pounder, Filet-O-Fish, French Fries and Coffee miniatures since 13th January with any purchase. They are sold at $2.50 a piece or you can pay $25 to get the whole set which comes with a cardboard box for display purposes.

So I started to do my calculations in my head:
$2.50 per piece.
$25 per set.
6pieces x $2.50 = $15.00.
So the remaining $10 is the price of the cardboard box!!!
$10 for a cardboard box?!?!
NO WAY am I going to pay for that!

Little did I know that I missed the first pair of McDonald's miniatures till my sis told me this afternoon!!!
*Scream*
So I went on to check with the staff for the details of each week, and here they are:
Week 1 (13/1/2011 - 19/1/2011): Double Quarter Pounder + French Fries
Week 2 (20/1/2011 - 26/1/2011): Coffee + Filet-O-Fish
Week 3 (27/1/2011 - 2/2/2011): Apple Pie + Big Mac


Well, I got my 'Coffee' and 'Filet-O-Fish'. Yippee! *clap clap clap*
Now is the big hunt for the Double Quarter Pounder and French Fries... hope they still have left-overs in certain branches... *fingers crossed*


From my lengthy chat on my Facebook status on the left picture, you would realise that the 2nd series of McDonald's miniatures have already reached Japan.
Let's hope it comes to Singapore real soon....
I want the Mc-House!
Sooooooooo cute!
There goes my insanity..... *laugh*


3 comments:

Angeline said...

*evil laughter* After bugging on the phone for 30mins, Finally tracked it down! got it Reserved for me! And on the way down to get it now.....

Double Quarter Pounder + French Fries miniatures....here I come!
Yippee!!!

Angela said...

wow, so touched u still remember that cute sofa! hehe maybe that's why I understand the measures u will use to just get those miniatures!

Angeline said...

*Grin*