Monday, December 17, 2007

8 Objections to Breastfeeding

Its really tough when you don't have the support of your family on breastfeeding. It definitely didn't come easy for me.

My in-laws are the typical traditional Chinese who loves boys more than girls, as the boys will carry the surname of the family and hence producing more offspring for the 'Loh' (their surname) generation.

So lucky them, my in-law have 3 sons. So no child was neglected. My 2 sis-in-law gave birth to girls before I gave birth to my 1st child, A BOY. So naturally my in-law, especially my mum-in-law was over the moon. She wanted to make sure that this boy, the very 1st grandson of the 'Loh' Family, is well taken care off; and she is a woman of strong character who believes in no one else except herself.

She strongly refuse to let me breastfeed him. Want to know why?

No comments: