Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My child's new word "Die"

Keatkeat has been saying "die" in almost everything we talked about lately.

An ambulanced was driving past our van with its siren on.
Keatkeat:"Oh no, somebody die" he is still not very good at past-tenses
Me:"No, its just a sick person, he may not die."
Keatkeat:"But the ambulance is driving so fast, so dangerous, sure die."

We were at the doorstep of the supermarket. I squart down and looked at my boys with a serious face:"Now, we are going into the supermarket, what must you do?"
Boys:"Keep my hands to myself."
Me:"Good! If not, the uncle in the supermarket will throw us out."
Keatkeat:"Throw us out!" with eyes wide opened. "Is the uncle very strong? He can carry all 3 of us and throw us out together?"
Me:"Mm! So do you want that to happen?"
Keatkeat:"No. If you fall on me I will die!"

Keatkeat was trying to negotiate to skip brushing his teeth.
Keatkeat:"Why Binbin never use toothpaste?"
Me:"Because he still doesn't know how to spit it out. What will happen if he swallow the toothpaste?"
Keatkeat:"He will die!"

In these days its quite hard to find a pet shop that sells birds. Today we were lucky, we saw a pet shop that sells almost 50 over birds. They were cheeping away and the sound caught the attention of my boys.
Keatkeat:"I want to go see birds."
Me:"Ok, so can you touch the bird cage?"
Boys:"No!"
Me:"What will happen if you touch it?"
Keatkeat:"I will die!"
Me:"No! The birds may think that you are a piece of food and they may bite your finger. What will happen when the birds bite your finger?"
Keatkeat:"(yes, you guess it!) I will die!"

Sigh.....

No comments: