Tuesday, October 26, 2010

YouTube Upload Slow - Mystery SOLVED!


Finally!!! I found out WHY my videos upload duration took so long and How to Solve it!!!

If you are a follower of my blogs, especially my parenting blog : All About Your Child, its easy to know that I love to flim the kiddos in action and upload them on YouTube.

Have been doing that for years now.
But for the past months, uploading the videos taken from my camera phone seemed to take ages!

The worst experience I had was uploading a 3 mins long file for 7hours!!!!
And at the end of the 7 hours, guess what did it say?!
"Upload Error."

*Super Faint!*

It was so unnerving that I decided to stop uploading videos for months!

Until today.....


Yes,
TODAY!!!
I FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION!

As usual.... my video was uploading at Snail Speed...
I decided to scroll down and look for 'help' anywhere...
but before I could reach the bottom, I read this SUPER LINE:
"Upload problems? Try the basic uploader (works on older computers and web browsers)."


And so I clicked on 'basic uploader'.
Ta-Daa!
And the uploading speed was back to good-old-days!
*wink*

Even though its a tight slap on my face to remind me that my computer is in the 'older computers' category, its definitely time for an upgrade, but hey, at least I can still upload my videos on YouTube.
*tongue in cheek*

Did you face this problem too?
Hope this helps....
*smile*

YouTube Upload Slow - Mystery Solved!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not solved at all with the basic uploader. Youtube sucks

Anonymous said...

Hey! I friggin love you for your solution :D Helped me out big time!

-skerxan

Angeline said...

@Anonymous, *pout* so sorry I couldn't help you.

@skerxan, *smile* no prob man!

Anonymous said...

Only 400 minutes to go and its taking up my entire internet connection...

Upload is only 3% done I might as well try your solution. Weird thing is my computer is only a year old and I have dsl...this sucks!

Anonymous said...

This actually worked for me lmfao thanks!

Rielz said...

sadly, it doesnt work for me either :/

Unknown said...

Hey its very nice tip to those who interested to know about youtube..Though the video is for 15 minutes it explains great..Thanks for sharing..... visit more info you are looking for Youtube Support You can reach Acetecsupport at their Call Toll Free No +1-800-231-4635 For US/CA.