Wednesday, November 24, 2010

iPad could not turn on!!!

With all the hype over Apple products ever since iPod came out many many years ago, I have chosen to sit back and watch all the tidal waves go by and not be surfing on it....
TILL....
Allan bought me an iPad for my birthday, September this year.

For someone who is not very adaptable to changes with technology, the iPad has proven to be a fantastic gadget for the simplest minded. The best part about iPad is, it grows with the user's intelligence. The better the user is at it, the more sophisticated your iPad can become; because everything is under your control.

The type of Apps you choose to install would determine the kind of user you are. If you are a gamer, like my kids, you will be downloading lots of games EVERY DAY! *faint*
For someone more down to earth like me, I am just intrigued with the speed and versatility of the gadget. All it takes is ONE SECOND and I can access ALL MY EMAILS which comes in hundreds every single day, my blog, my notes, my calendar of events.... so on and so forth.

ALL WAS WELL TILL.......

Today!

I wanted to update my iPad to the latest version, version 4.2.1.
I connected my iPad to my PC as I usually would,
signed in to iTunes,
clicked Update and BANG!
THE IPAD WENT BLANK!

I ejected the iPad.
Tried to activate it.
It just would not work!!!!

Damn!

Searched through the internet for solutions.
Tried them all!
But still didn't work!

So after my 'money' appointment in the afternoon, I went down to the Apple Service Centre at Wheelock Place, second level, to seek help from Apple .

I must say that it is THE BEST SERVICE centre I have ever been to!
Tried Starhub, Acer, Nokia, Sony and a few others which I don't even bother to remember.
The service staff are often grouchy or rude.
BUT APPLE service staff are so professional and friendly.

THIS IS NOT A PAID BLOG POST! 
Just in case you are thinking that Apple paid me to do this....
*wink*

What's best is the problem was solved in the fastest time possible!
Though the wait for my turn was a good 30mins, but hey, I get to play the games on the demo iPad sets beside the service centre while waiting, so I was entertained while I wait.
Nice! *smile*
After handing my iPad over the counter, the staff came out with a 'Fully Cured' iPad in less than 10mins!
Superb! *double smile*

My first experience with Apple product was already an exciting adventure and now, with such great support, I am really geared towards having Apple products....

Before I forget,
I want to take this opportunity to say "Thank you Dearie for the Big Birthday Surprise during September!"
*muack*

Am I a lucky person? Have you gone to Singapore Apple Service Centre before? Was your experience as good as mine?

No comments: