Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Birthday Celebration 2011


Now who said that birthday celebrations are meant for the kids?
I had the best birthday celebration (yet) this year!

For the very first time, it was celebrated overseas!
It has been a long time since my family, my bride-to-be sister, my hubby and my two boys had a day trip together; and overseas? First time definitely! I am so thankful that my birthday fell on a Saturday this year, or else my sister would not be able to join in already. *hugs*
What makes it even more special is a good friend, who hardly comes back to Singapore, came back on my birthday month! *super hugs*
Another surprise came when an old friend whom I have known for 23 years gave me a special birthday treat! Yum! *triple hugs*

In my family, birthdays celebrations starts at midnight, the very first minute of the day, with cake cutting 'ceremony'. *wink*


The wordings were chosen by my elder son. Made me feel like Mother's Day celebration cum Birthday Celebration. *Grin*

We set off to Johor Bahru, Malaysia, after my boys' morning swimming lesson. I am impressed by their stamina that day.

I dare say I am addicted to having day trips in JB.
Things are so much more worthwhile for us Singaporeans.
I am making a conscious effort Not to say 'Things are So Cheap in Malaysia' anymore, ever since a close Malaysian friend of mine 'berated' me (in a soft way), "The price of things in Malaysia has never rose so much, it only started when more and more Singaporeans started going there and say "So Cheap! So Cheap!"..."
Ooops! High possibility I think.

Its not only worthwhile in terms of price, but I love the genuine smiles whenever I am served and not forgetting the good food too. The same restaurant in Singapore and in Malaysia actually had different standards.
A little disappointing for Singapore.
Somehow I feel that the chefs in Malaysia seemed to cook from their heart, while the chefs in Singapore probably cook because they needed the salary.

Take this restaurant for an example: Wong Kok Char Chan Teng
All the food served onto our table were REALLY nice! Every one of them.
Of course, the best part is.... I get a HUMONGOUS GLASS of Milk Tea for FREE, because it was my Birthday!

ITS BIGGER THAN MY ELDER SON'S HEAD!!!



Oh please!
Its just for photo-taking purposes.
No way are we going to drink directly from THAT!
We prefered to drink from the NORMAL PLASTIC GLASSES provided.



Thank you Dearie for the 'hard' work serving us. *giggle*



The restaurant even played the 'Happy Birthday Song' for me, while the waiter walked towards me securing the GIGANTIC GLASS with two hands!

There were so many people celebrating their birthdays that day. During our 1hour plus dining experience, the Birthday song was played 6 times, including mine! *wink*

Here are the conditions:
  • Minimum spending RM30
  • Must present IC as proof (yes, they accept Singapore IC too! *phew*)
  • Valid through 3 days before and after Birthday

Will do a 'proper' blog post on my review of Wong Kok Char Chan Teng restaurant in a separate post. There are just too much Good things to say about them. *Grin*

Next,
its Shopping time!
We went City Square for the second time this year, after the KTM train ride in May 2011, before the Tanjong Pagar KTM train station closed. The children bought more Angry Birds and my younger one bought his first collection of Plants vs Zombies plush toy! *faint*
Yes, they bought with their own money!
And I bought more pinky rings again this time!

We had been exploring different shopping malls, at different places, on each of our visit to Johor Bahru, over the past 3 months. This time, we went to Tesco at Seri Alam. Bought lots of Groceries, as usual... *Thumbs Up*

If you ever wonder how to pass time, stay happy! *laugh*
'Cos happy times pass soooooooooooooooo fast!


With that comes Yummy Time!

We are trying out yet another new seafood restaurant. So far we have gone to two, first was Restoran Todak. I have yet to blog about the second seafood restaurant, which belonged to my friend's friend.
Now, this is the third seafood restaurant we have visited in Johor Bahru! One that is highly recommended in forums too:
Restoran Tian Lai


There are so much to write about Restoran Tian Lai too!
Don't think I want to cramp everything here and make this birthday post a million-word long post. *laugh*
So will do a separate post again for this.

Ok ok, I know I know, lots of yet-to-blog posts lining up.
There are already 8 drafts on the list now...
Will get it done....
in time to come...
*fingers crossed*
Still trying to juggle time with everything on hand and 'forcing myself' to have 2 hours of entertainment time each day or else I will go bonkers!

After dinner we headed home without any issue.
If you are thinking what kind of issue there could be, well, we were lost on our very first drive in to Johor Bahru and we were lost in a totally pitch dark place. Check out this blog post "Anniventure" if you want to know how scary it was.
*Thumbs Up* to Hubby's great driving skills again.

Before I end this birthday post, it is only right that I thank my present-givers by 'showing off' my presents. *Grin*

Presents received this year:
From my friend in Australia

From Dearie

From Dearie

From my closest group of girlfriends in Secondary School

From Keatkeat and Dearie

From Philips

From Dearie

From my dearest friend, whom I have known for 21years
From Myself! *laugh*

2 comments:

Dominique @Dominique's Desk said...

Happy Birthday dear.. all the best to you...do you know that I recently bought the same pair of jeans from Giordano also.. it's really comfy..but I guess you have a much slimmer waistlines then mine.. coz can see that your's is a 26".. I got at 29"...am aiming to bring it down to 27" if possible.

Angeline said...

*high five* great minds think alike eh?
Oh yes, very comfy!
We bought it at IMM, they were having the buy two jeans at $29 each promo. So Allan bought one for himself too.

This is my first 26" jeans. Very sad. All my jeans were 25". Really balloon-ed a lot this year. *pout*