Thursday, June 7, 2012

A sight not for the Faint-Hearted

We went to Johor Bahru, Malaysia on Monday, 4th June 2012 and we went again today 7th June 2012.

Monday, 4th June 2012:
When we were at Bukit Indah checking out the prices of the toilet accessories, we saw a dead dog on its back by the roadside.
Its four legs were pointing to the heavens.
It was motionless.

As our car approached nearer.....
I put my left hand to my heart and my right hand to my mouth....
"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Its dead and decomposing!"

I could NOT see the head and the maggots (Zillions of them!!!) WERE FEASTING ON THE NECK!

It was dead and probably for some time already...

A gush of sadness filled me.
I felt like tearing.
This is not the first time I am in Bukit Indah. I had been here several times and had remember seeing big stray dogs playing around the vicinity.
My heart kept repeating, "It must be one of them, it must be...."
Somehow, to me, those dogs had become one of the many icons in Bukit Indah, strolling by those rows and rows of glittering crystal lit shops.

We did NOT stop the car nor go back to check on the dead dog as we were on a tight schedule.

Thursday, 7th June 2012
Today, we drove on that road again.
As we drove nearer to where the dead dog lay,
I could NOT see ANY LEGS pointing to the sky and I assumed that the cleaners might have got rid of it.

OH MY GOSH!!!

No one cleared the carcass!
Its STILL there, BUT DOWN TO JUST SKIN AND FUR and bone!!!!

The ONLY PART THAT is still gooey was the butt and thigh of one of the hind legs.

This time, the father (who had lived with the smell of a decomposing corpse for a couple of days in the past) puts on a brave face, agreed to bring the EXTREMELY inquisitive kids to get up close and personal with the mess; while I stayed in the car.....'cos I feared I would really tear....

And they came back with this photo:
(head on the right side)





I'm sorry if this had spoilt your appetite.
The smell did spoil ours,

today.......


No comments: