Thursday, March 20, 2014

Goal Setting

I saw a number of goal setting quotes today, but the 3 that struck me were:

People Don't Plan to Fail.
They Simply Fail To Plan.

==========

The Clearer The WHY,
The Harder You Will Try.

===========

If You Aim At Nothing,
You Are Probably Going To Hit Nothing.


 Is your goal "SMART" enough?
S pecific
M easurable
A ttainable
R realistic
T imely

When was the last time you set a goal and did not stick to it?
When was the last time you set a goal and it was way out of reach?

To me, 'R' is the most important : Realistic.
Do I need to bend too much till it hurts?

A little push, a little challenge, a little beyond my usual self is fine.
Only then, will I stick to it.
Only then, will I see success.
Only then, will my goal be achieved.

If I need to bend too much till it hurts, I probably will not persevere for long.
Knowing my own limits help me to be on track and reach the destination in the end.

When we were young, we Dream.
Even the Biggest, Wildest Dream.
As we grow older, its not that we have no more dreams.......... 
we Dare NOT Dream anymore....
because along the way, too many dreams were crushed.

Don't lose hope....
Only when we dare to dream, will we have purpose in life, or we would just be doing the daily routine....till the day we die.

So chin up, get a pen and paper, write down your 'SMART' goal and paste it on your mirror. Look at it every day and work towards it.

Be it big or small.....
To our Dreams...
CHEERS!









No comments: