Saturday, October 17, 2015

Do you Respond to Life or do you React to Life

Today had been a looooooooooong day of celebration for my boys!
Exams over for both!
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
*clap clap clap*

We spent some good hours of bonding through playing and laughing together.
Now, for those readers who had been following my blog since years back might wonder if I had played too much and ain't thinking right anymore; and hence am blogging at the wrong blog.
This sounds like it should be posted in my Parenting Blog instead of here, isn't it?

Well,
not so.

Cos my focus for today is........, after a long day of fun, the kids had no trouble finding the Z monster for more fun PLUS hubby granted me my me-time *cheeky wink*, I decided to do some self-reflection.

Actually, this is something that I do o-so-often.
And while I was doing that, I chanced upon a very meaningful story.
Rather, its a speech from a very intelligent man, Sundar Pichai,  CEO of Google Inc.

He shared a story about a cockroach.





Though the story was short, it was exactly what I needed for tonight.
And through that story, I learned that:

I should not react in life.
I should always respond.

Reactions are always instinctive whereas
responses are always well thought of.

A beautiful way to understand............LIFE.

An excellent way to understand why things happened or did not happen to our lives.
It was because we hit the panic button too fast.
Too thoughtlessly......

Once again, the phrase that is buried deep in my heart rose again
"When emotions are high, intelligence is low."

Something that I still need to work on constantly
Something that I still need to remind myself daily.

And last but not least, I fell in love with a new phrase:
A person who is HAPPY is
 not  because Everything is RIGHT in his/her Life...
He/she is HAPPY
 because his/her Attitude towards Everything in his/her Life is Right..!!

*** Cockroach Story, click HERE.








No comments: