Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mooncakes, MoonCakes, MOONCAKES!!!

This year is definitely a MOONCAKE year for us.
Before we could get ourselves a box of mooncake, we had BOXES of mooncakes as gifts!

My sis and BIL surprised me by passing me a box of Chop Tai Chong Kok - Da Zhong Guo Bing Jia 大中国饼家 mooncakes during my birthday celebration with them at Zafferano last week. At first look, I thought it was Da Tong Mooncake - Tai Thong Cake Shop

Age must be catching up on me, memory has been failing.
Only after a short conversation with my sister, I found out that the long blog post about the traditional mooncake shop which I wrote back in 2010 was Da Tong Mooncake - Tai Thong Cake Shop and not Chop Tai Chong Kok - Da Zhong Guo Bing Jia 大中国饼家 mooncakes.
*palm on face*



My sister knows that I love to eat mooncakes with egg yolks, so she gave me a box of Lotus Seed Paste with Two Yolks!
Yeah!



 I love traditional things and when I see these paper bags, a huge grin on my face was the immediate response! The small one is so cute! *Muack* Love it!




 The lotus seed paste of the Chop Tai Chong Kok - Da Zhong Guo Bing Jia 大中国饼家 mooncakes is not as sweet as the Da Tong Mooncake - Tai Thong Cake Shop, which is a good thing. However, the size of the egg yolk was smaller and the taste of the egg yolk changes quite drastically as the days go by. *Sad*




Just when we had finished the last piece of Chop Tai Chong Kok - Da Zhong Guo Bing Jia 大中国饼家 mooncake, our lovely insurance representative sent us TWO boxes of The Ritz-Carlton Mooncakes.


I love the boxes so much!!!!
Definitely going to keep it and put it to good use.
*wink*



The taste of the Ritz-Carlton Mooncakes is very different from the Chop Tai Chong Kok - Da Zhong Guo Bing Jia 大中国饼家 mooncakes and the Da Tong Mooncake - Tai Thong Cake Shop mooncakes.

Maybe because I am so used to eating the Traditional type of mooncakes that comes with a harder outer skin, this Ritz-Carlton mooncake's skin is much softer and thinner. Even the paste tastes lighter and smoother. The Ritz-Carlton mooncakes are definitely in a different league from that of the other two.

Once again, as a CRAZY EGG YOLK lover, the size of the egg yolk did not satisfy my cravings. *pout* I think the only way I can FULLY SATISFY my egg yolk cravings is to get them from the market and eat them on their own! *laugh*

Happy Mid-Autum Festival everyone!
As you chew into your mooncakes tonight, I will be playing with candles and lanterns with my nieces and nephews!
*wink*



No comments: