Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Progress of New House - Update 10

From the visitors traffic report, I know that my series of blogposts on my new house renovation garnered interest in many. I know some of the readers, as they told me that they are preparing to renovate their own houses, or they have plans to buy a new house. However, I am unaware of the majority of the readers' identity, which is very normal in the blogosphere.

Last month I received a few emails from readers of the latter group.
Some started off with :
"Hey there! I hope everything is fine over at your side. Could you continue to blog about your new house renovation?"
OR
"What happened to your reno updates?"

Others who obviously have no idea that I had already moved into my new house since Christmas Eve 2012 would start off their email in this way :
"Did something happen to your new house? Why has the renovation updates stopped suddenly?"
OR
"Have you moved into your new house yet? Why has the blogposts of your reno stopped abruptly?"

As a blogger, if feels good to receive such emails.
Such short messages tell me that readers are REALLY interested to read what I have to say.
*Shy Grin*
But I SWEAR I did NOT stop the renovation posts on purpose.


After we shifted over, there were too many adjustments to do as the renovation was NOT completed yet on the day we moved in.
There were things we could unpack first and at the same time, there were many boxes and cartons which we could not clear yet.
The whole house was more or less a mess.
So there were lots of thinking and planning to do.
My PC was not up till a week after we had moved into the new house.

Then I realised my blogging momentum was lost.
Some how just could not get my butt to glue down to the seat.
When I finally could calm my wandering blogging soul,  it was time for Chinese New Year!
*faint*
Therefore I decided to roll our the Zodiac posts first, instead of continuing with the renovation updates.

Ok, enough explanation........ or excuses *laugh**bleh*

Let's begin with the renovation posts again:


17th to 23rd December 2012 :-
Mad rush this week and yet there are still hiccups!
Well, that is life right?
Catch you when you least expected it....

Alright, let's get into details for every good and bad that had happened during this final week of renovation, or rather that was what I thought.
By the end of the week, I realised it did not conclude the renovation process.
*sigh*
So I will be moving into an 'incomplete' house.

I wanted to make this a Super Duper Long Post at first.
Then I find that making readers stare at a single blog post for more than 10mins seemed a little too much to stomach.
It would be unhealthy, I think.
Do not want any of you to have stomachache later.
*laugh*
And for slow readers like myself, probably would take more than 20mins! And that might cause indigestion!
*laugh*

So I changed my mind and decided to do a daily post for this week : 17th to 23rd December'12  instead.
Alright, here goes.....
 
What happened on 17th December 2012?

We continued to go up to our new house to check the house progress more than once a day.
When the sun was still high up in the sky, my new house looked like this:


The carpenter delivered all the 'woodwork'.
Remember this post? "Progress of New House - Update 9"
I mentioned that the carpenter needs to get all the basic 'woodwork' done in his factory before he can start work in my house.

My bedroom Wardrobe

My TV console + Drawers for my wardrobe (rectangular) + Drawers for my kitchen cabinet (arrow-shape) from my FAVOURITE BLUM SYSTEM. Its for the corner unit of my kitchen cabinet.

Other parts of 'woodwork' for the kitchen cabinet and wardrobe.

As you can see, the whole house is still pretty much of a mess isn't?
Into the last week of renovation work before our big move-in, it was still unsafe to take off your shoes in the house.


BUT.... When we went back in the evening with my curious Sis and BIL, Ta-Da..... everything looked so much better!
Even the air smells fresher for once!
*thumbs up*

Yes.... the cleaners came to remove the debris and also did some simple sweeping too.

My Living Room

Living Room from another angle with the storeroom on the top left hand side

Kids' Bedroom

Kids' Bedroom from another angle


Study/Work Room


Study/Work Room from another angle

My DREAM KITCHEN!!!!

Kitchen looking Bright and White. *muack*

Hubby and my 'love' room. *giggle*

Ok.
That's it for updates on 17th December 2012.
More madness coming up in the next update... hopefully the wait will not be too long.
*snigger*



No comments: