Sunday, March 24, 2013

Song Sharing Sunday #215 - Hands Up ~ 2pm

Yes!
We are finally back from the 5 days 4 nights Vietnam trip.
It was pretty rare to hear English songs being played in the shops, but there were...nonetheless...

However, it CERTAINLY made me stopped and turned my head when I heard a Vietnamese singing a Korean song!

It happened when I was exploring the clever and deadly traps created by the residents of Cu Chi to kill the enemies at the Cu chi Underground Tunnels during the Vietnam War.

While I was engrossed in snapping shots of the cruelty of war, all of a sudden, I heard a voice SINGING loud and clear "Put Your Hands Up, Put Your Hands Up. Put Put Put Put. Put Your Hands Up, Put Your Hands Up."

I wanted to laugh.
But somehow the 'bloody' drawings infront of me overruled that urge to giggle.

This teenage Vietnamese boy with his other friend walked over and asked my tour guide to help them take some photos. And after every snap, he would go "Put Your Hands Up, Put Your Hands Up. Put Put Put Put, Put Your Hands Up, Put Your Hands Up."

I had totally lost count how many times he sang those sentences in that short 1 -2 mins.
*faint*

By the way, those were the ONLY few words he sang, but he was DEFINITELY IN THE ZONE man!
....but at the wrong place for sure....
....unless he was referring to the troops who surrendered back then....

*huge laugh*

=====

I told myself that I MUST put this song on my Song Sharing Sunday.
A song that's going to bring back a very funny memory for me.
*laugh*

I have heard this song before on the radio, but never watched the MTV.
When I clicked the 'play' button on YouTube and found that the MTV was taken in Singapore, Hhhmmm... pleasantly surprised indeed!

*grin*

Song Sharing Sunday Badge


Every Song reminds me of a person, an event, a place, a smell, a taste....a secret, do you have a song to share today?


Hands Up ~ 2pm




Join in the fun, leave a comment with your Song Sharing Sunday post's URL and don't forget to grab the meme's badge above using the codes provided and I'll hop over to 'listen'...

No comments: