Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Very Own 21 Stress Free Tips

Tip 15 of 21

This may seem really weird for some. But it works for me.

When I am feeling stress, I like to throw things away. I like to look at my drawer or cupboard or storeroom and start clearing the unwanted stuff.

Its amusing how what seemed important before could seem "Hey I don't need this at all man! Should have thrown this away long ago." when I am stressed up.

Its funny for me to realise that I can do better spring cleaning when I'm stressed up. I can tell better what need to be kept and what should not.

And as I throw more things away, the stress level decreases. It feels as if I am throwing my stress away.
Most importantly, after that, a more organised or de-cluttered drawer, cupboard or storeroom becomes so refreshing. *Smile*

When your eyes see something rewarding, your emotion improves.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, me too. It makes me feel much better to declutter. I need to do it soon, too!

J said...

I am like this to. I even throw other's stuff away, which gets me in even more trouble. But I can't help myself, sometimes I am overwhelmed with so many trinkets around the house that others like to buy, hoard, and lay around, impeding with how I use the house. I also feel relieved of getting rid of things I feel were controlling me.