Friday, June 4, 2010

A Waste Of Time?

During my days in Canon, I had been supporting clients of all sorts. Now with my new 'job', I am supporting clients of all sort again. And in both cases there is always this group of people which really piss me off!

They have already done something. But they would ask me how to do it. To me, their main concern is to DOUBLE CHECK if their steps were done correctly, I would rather they tell me what they have done and check with me if their steps were correct, and NOT to just ask me "How do I do this?"

'Cos this simple question tells me blankly that the questioner does NOT know what to do.

To give instructions to all the steps can be really tedious on my end. But I am ALL WILLING to help lost souls. Thus such tedious is no big deal at all, so long as the lost sheep is back to the herd.

But for people who have done it already yet just want to 'double check' their steps and NOT tell me so, I would presume that they do not know what to do and I had to list from step 1 to step 10 for them.

Don't you think this is a waste of my time? 'Cos this person is taking up my time from someone else who REALLY needs my help. Or can I just excuse this person and label him/her as an inexperience questioner?

*eyes rolled*

***A little rant from a very committed customer support personnel.

No comments: