Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So What If You Are Getting Married!?

Getting Married is something to celebrate!
The union of two.
Something very blissful and romantic.
But it does not mean that you are king of the world and do not put the 'happiness' of others at heart.

I was still doing my usual emailing at 4.50am before I jumped up a little from my chair because of sudden loud honking!
The environment was so quiet, you can hear a pin dropped when my hands are not 'rattling' on the keyboard.

I looked at the time and wondered why would there be a traffic jam at this hour??!!
Went to the window and realised that the honking came from 3 cars.

The wedding car led the way into the driveway below my block of flat, followed by two 'best men cars'.
The 3 were going "Honk Honk Honk and Hooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkk"

I believe they were here so early to fetch the bride because of the Hokkien or Teochew tradition of fetching bride before sunrise.
But hey!!!
Do you need to HONK AT THIS HOUR to announce your arrival???!!!
It is sleeping time for 99% of the people! mind you!!!

So what if you are getting married?!
Does that give you the right to be inconsiderate??!
I heard babies cries right after the honking started.... probably woken up but the abrupt break of silence.

I wanted to shout at them when they get out of the car, but I paused and thought - "If I did that, I am no better than them...."

*shake head*

1 comment:

WaveSurfer said...

Wah that is very inconsiderate of them indeed!

I really feel for those parents whose children have been woken up by the noise...