Friday, July 9, 2010

Ring Alteration

Yes!!!
My wedding ring is finally back on my ring finger again!!!

After the drama on that fateful day, I simply refused to wear it again, in case I lose it again. I told Allan, I wanted a ring alteration. But I wanted it to be a gift from him on our 10th Anniversary.

He procrastinated till last Sunday. Oh well, though it was a belated Anniversary gift, I still loved it!

This is the third time I went for ring alteration. The first ring alteration was done at the point of purchase. It was way too big! I still remember Allan was saying jokingly, "With so much white gold removed, this small ring becomes really expensive." *laugh*

Since it was done by the shop itself, the ring alteration was free of charge.

The second ring alteration was during my pregnancy. I was ballooned during my first pregnancy. Water retention and all of that stuff. So this time, my ring alteration was enlargement and it only cost $10.

This time, the third ring alteration was made smaller than when I first bought it!!!
How could it be?!
Which means my finger shrunk!!!
It is now smaller than what it was 11 years ago, when I first bought it.
How could it be??!!!


*scratch head*

Anyway, my ring finger is once again 'dressed up sparklingly'.
Its good to be pronounced 'Married' publicly again.
*wink*

For those of you who are completely lost, here's the full story:
I accepted the fact and start wearing my proposal ring.
then I found my wedding ring but refused to wear.

I hope I would not need a fourth ring alteration. *eyes rolled*
Thank you Dearie! *hugs*

1 comment:

Alison said...

Would you believe my engagement ring has been too big for 13 1/2 years and I have never had it altered? (I do wear my wedding ring, a plain gold band, on the outside to keep the engagement ring on.) I must get it altered!