Monday, December 19, 2011

I Will Miss My Neighbours Very Much

Many events had been happening in my neighbourhood this year and because of that, my neighbours and I got even closer than before, so much so that for the very first time, we decided to have a PotLuck among the four families on the last day of this year, 31st December.

Though I am the youngest in the group of Aunties, we have no reservations towards each other and could talk about anything under the sun. This kind of closest have not been felt for almost two decades already.

Among the four families, I am the 'OLDEST bird' in terms of residency in this pigeon estate. Doesn't HDB flats look like a block with many pigeon holes? *laugh*

Staying here for 32 years, I have seen so many different families move in and out, including my childhood friends. Just when I got close to the new neighbours, they planned to leave and this vicious cycle repeated for 3 decades.

Everyone came and gone. I am the only one staying stagnant...

Finally now!
Its MY TURN!

Valuation done last Wednesday and the report came out today. Pretty fast eh? *Grin*

When we started to discuss about the PotLuck, no one knew that we had already started carrying out our plan to leave this place for good. So to me, this felt like a farewell dinner for us. *mixed feelings*

Yet as I am typing this blog post now, one of our neighbours is aware already because they are our 'priority' buyers, because they have said in the past that they wanted to move to a bigger house. If they choose to buy over our house, then they could hack down the wall between us and own a Jumbo unit; making their wish come true.

They said they will give us a reply two days later.

If they choose not to, then we will move on to our second 'priority' buyer, another neighbour of ours.

They have been asking for our place for many years now. They needed to take care of their old sick mother, yet staying with her in the small flat with 5 others posed a lot of 'space' problems. So if they could get our unit, they would be able to take care of their aged mother and at the same time have enough space for their young children to run around through their growing years.

So if both priority buyers choose to give up our unit, then we will start marketing our unit this weekend. Everything seemed to be in a rush eh?

Let me tell you, I HAVE BEEN DYING TO LEAVE THIS PLACE FOR A LOOOOOONG TIME!

So the earlier the better!
*laugh*

The only thing that makes me feel a little bitter-sourish inside is the thought of leaving my neighbours. I will miss the times of going into their house for chit chats. Sharing food. Harmless jokes and teases with each other. The laughter....And not forgetting the lovely smiles and "Hi!"s whenever we see each other....

Dear neighbours, I will miss all of you very much.... *hugs*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, how does your neighbour buy over your flat to make it into jumbo flat if they already own a hdb??? Pls enlighten me. Thanks

Angeline said...

Yes you can. That's what my in-law's did. Just let the HDB know that you would be combining two units into one and HENCE you would ONLY HAVE ONE ADDRESS.
So you can choose which of the two units address you want to make it into your ONE address and it could be done. Then the monthly installment would be re-calculated then.
Hope this help.