Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Goodbye.....Gift of Love

15 years
Its been a long time
Never thought it will ever end

Your slogan read
“天長地久”
"Time is Love"
Yet you died on my wrist
Has love ended?

I wanted to get you fixed
But the giver rejected

Don't know why
but it felt like a bad omen
That your heartbeat stopped

My boy said: "Please lah! Such things will spoil one wat?!"
Somehow....it felt different...

My attachment to it is too strong
'Cos its not the physical piece
But the memory of how you put it on my wrist on Valentine's Day 1998

The day we made it official
That we are now a couple
With the breeze on our faces
Watching the reflection of the neon lights on the river skin....

Thank you for going through the sweetest and the bitterest moments of my life....
Its time to say goodbye....













No comments: