Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Progress of New House ~ Update 15

29th December 2012

Its WALL PAPER DAY!!!
Errrr.....wait a minute!
Its more than just wall paper.
Its Furniture Delivery Day too!!!


We had made arrangement for the Wall Paper group to come in the morning and the Furniture Delivery group in the late afternoon; but due to the delay the Wall Paper guys had in another house before mine, they came in the late afternoon instead.
Thus the two groups clashed and came around the same time.
*sigh*

Look at the number of shoes outside my house!!!



Can you imagine how cramp it was in my house when the Wall Paper gang tries to 'fight' for space with the Furniture Delivery gang as the latter tries to fix up my furniture?!?!
It was so 'Re-Nao' - Noisy in the Good Way!
Brougth 'LIFE' into my new home......

So the Wall Paper guys ended up using the space at the corridor.....






We were greatly disappointed when the 'Sparkles' on our Wall Paper were not obvious when they were on our walls, unlike what we saw in the showroom.

Guess we need to have spot lights on them before my walls will glitter as we intended to.
But no.... we do not want to have spot lights in our house at all.
So whenever I feel like looking at the sparkles on my Wall Paper, I will walk close to it and admire....

*sigh*

While the Wall Paper guys continued to measure, cut and glue the wall paper on my TV console wall and certain parts of the living room wall.....

The muscle men took care of the assembly of :
  • My new dining benches
  • My new 3-seater sofa
  • My new queen-size bed
  • My hubby's new working desk
  • Our new storage cum single-seater benches x4








So many big items were shouting for space!
They need to lie flat on the floor, so that the guys could do the drilling of our specially requested 'taller legs' for our furniture so that our robotic vacuum cleaner could roam freely below them. 

Off topic a little : We are still very much in love with our robot and its still working very well till this date (9 April 2013), but not so for my parents-in-law who grew tired of the 4 hours of charging. They think that the trade off of charging for 4 hours to make the robot work for 45mins was NOT a good deal. So now they only switch it on a couple of times in a month just to vacuum the hard-to-reach places and under the beds. 
By the way, my cute red conventional vacuum cleaner, which had spent almost 1.5 decade with me, went up in SMOKE last week. *sigh* We still needed such conventional vacuum cleaner because there are some narrow areas, example the narrow space between the 2 study desks, which would need the 'long tube' of these conventional vacuum cleaner to get the vacuuming work done.

Ok, back to the furniture supplier.
We had ordered furniture from this Malaysian lady boss so many times and also recommended a handful of my friends to her. I was quite surprised that friends who hardly go to Johor Bahru (unlike us) were willing to make the trip down to her shop in JB to order furniture.
Deep down in my heart, I know I will continue to buy furniture from her in future because I can TAILOR-Made my furniture in more ways than one.

No.
Don't get me wrong.
I do NOT mean they DESIGN furniture for me.
What I meant was they are WILLING to make changes to the furniture they show me on their catalogues, like the colour of the leather, the 'legs' and even the length!!!

Pretty cool eh?!
*wink*

With boxes like these still unpacked, it raised the level of difficulty for the Furniture Delivery guys to get the parts together. 
Things start to stack up really high in my house once again. 
I was not able to capture any of them working as I, myself, was busy with the shifting of things here and there.

The Wall Paper men took a much longer time to get the job done as compared to the Furniture men, who spent less than 2 hours in my house.

Only after the sun had set, the sticking of the Wall Papers were completed.
*phew*

================================

31st December 2012

We chose to hang out the crystals of our dining light after the furniture had been delivered, in fear of getting knocked/ banged on by our new furniture as they get lifted up and moved around in the house..








Actually there are supposed to be 3 beige rings for each 'drop down' but we find it too boring, so we decided to do a 'One Ring - Two Rings - Three Rings' staggering pattern and kept the extra glass rings in the storeroom.
*smile*

After sourcing from many different shops, big and small, in JB and Singapore, we still chose to buy from Malaysia.
This crystal dining light was chosen by hubby because the colour matches our living room theme.
The dining light which I fancied were waaaaaaaaaay above our budget.
The cheapest that caught my eyes were S$1000 and the highest went up to S$8000!
*bleh*

With this post, I am left with 2 more to go.
Next post will be on the tailor-made glasses fixed onto different parts of the kitchen and the toilet + the 'horror' I found inside my toilet bowl + the prompt maintenance service provided by my renovation company when things started to fall apart.

Then I will do a Before and After photo-post to wrap up this long series of updates of the progress of my new house.

I know this had dragged on for too long....
Thank you for your patience....
*hugs*

No comments: