Friday, April 12, 2013

Progress of New House ~ Update 16

 Before the last post on my new house, the 'Before-And-After pictorial post', let me do a little recap.
Not all work done in my house were from the renovation company which I signed contract with.

The following things were from our own contacts:~
  • Electrical Works
  • Window Blinds
  • Wall Paper
  • Glass Supplier
 The first 3 had been mentioned in previous posts already.
Left with the last one, Glass Supplier.
I touched a little on this supplier when I ranted on my Window maker in "Update 14".

Well, this Glass Supplier provided us with more than just the glass in my window frames. He also tailor-made a tall mirror for us.

His staff came on 5th January 2013.

Not a full length mirror but a half body wall-mounted mirror.
I am predicting hoping that my children will reach the height of 180cm. *cheeky smile*
Not following their parent's genes but my mother's side.
'Tall' runs in that family.

Even my tall BIL (my sister's hubby), can see his whole head in the mirror.
I think if he were to jell up his hair to 'Rooster Style', he would still be able to see the tip of his standing hair!
*giggle*
We are really happy with our simple, plain and tall customised mirror.

If you want to know how tall it is, just use the toilet door beside my mirror as a gauge.




Next, I took a gamble and asked him to cut a Rectangular BLUE glass according to the dimensions of the glass shelf in the above picture (below the mirror) so that the glass shelf in my Master Room toilet can match with my Master Room toilet blue glass basin.

When I bought my blue glass basin, it did not come with any matching glass shelving. So we ended up buying 2 of the above translucent normal glass shelf.

One matches our kitchen theme very well as its colour looked like the colour of my window's glass panes.

But the other looked EXTREMELY out of place when its placed on top of my Blue glass basin in my Master Room Toilet.

So I crossed my fingers and toes, in the hope that this Glass Supplier would have a matching blue glass for my basin.
He said that due to the difference in the thickness of the glass, even if the colour is the same, it would look slightly different too.

Well, I am ok with that, so long as its BLUE!!!

Hey hey hey!!!
Lady Luck was definitely smiling at me!
He found it, did a duplicate of the glass shelf in my kitchen, which was sitting under my tall mirror and fixed it on top of my Nice Blue Glass Basin!!!

Ta-Da!
Perfect match!!!!


If I didn't tell you, you would have thought that they came as a set, won't you???!!!
NOOOOOOOO..........

We were LUCKY to be able to find the RIGHT Glass Supplier, who found the RIGHT tone of Blue-coloured glass!
Yeah!!!

*clap clap clap*


And Finally!!!
The 3 BIG LONG PIECEs of Tempered Glass for the wall on top of my kitchen cabinet.
We requested for the Lightest Blue Tempered Glass.
They chose the Lightest Blue they could find with Nippon Paint, painted on the tempered glass and passed it to us for approval before they get down to serious cutting of the actual pieces.

We loved that BLUE!!!!



Everyone at home were eagerly waiting for them to put it up.
BUTTER FINGERS are forbidden here!!!




Its HEAVY!!!!!
The guys were sweating like crazy!

 The first piece of glass went up beautifully!
Aaawwww........

 The guys took a breather and then continued to perspire more as they tried to put up the 2nd piece.
Though heavier than the first piece of glass, they had to make sure that they hang on tight to the glass by holding onto the glass-sucker-cum-handle (see photo below), there is NO room for any mistake!!! 








 Their hands did NOT slip!
Their sweat did NOT play prank on them!
But the handle did!!!!
*faint*

As you can see, there are 3 suctions and 3 locks.
One of the lock came lose
and the whole glass fell straight down to my concrete floor!!!!

*Heart Pain*









We thought 5th of January would be the day to wrap up all renovation work.
But our hopes were dashed!
Just like our tempered glass..............

Luckily no one was hurt.
They cleared up the place and said we had to wait for another week before the replacement will come.
Why one week?
'cos they need to spray the paint and wait for it to dry completely.
January is also a rainy season.
So they are at the mercy of the weather.
They had to make sure that it is thoroughly dry before they can bring it to my house for installation again.


So this was how my kitchen looked like at the end of 5th January 2013




Just as they promised, one week later, on 12th January, they came again.....
This time, everything went on smoothly!
Yeah!
*clap clap clap*


And they transformed my white kitchen 
to a 
blue and white kitchen









Hubby and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEED the bright and 'refreshing' look.
*Thumbs Up*


 ===================

In the previous post, I said ".......the 'horror' I found inside my toilet bowl....." 

Here it is..........









It definitely scared the 'hell' out of me!
Thinking of the hassle it would bring if I had to change my toilet bowl.
Thank God, that is history now.........

=======================

There are a few things that started to fall apart or were not properly done after we did the handover from our renovation contractor.

This is NOT the fault of the renovation contractor as they are only coordinators in the job, they were NOT the actual people who came down to my house to do the work.

On 4th January 2013, my kitchen became a FORBIDDEN AREA till the afternoon of the following day, as the tiler had filled up the gaps between the tiles which were the result of the final acid wash last month.
The acid was so strong it 'ATE' the cement between the floor tiles.
Hhhhmmmmmm........




Next,
The silicon along the cabinet which covers the big pipes in my kitchen started to break away from the wall.
Meaning a long gap was starting to form between the wall and the cabinet.

That was easily solved with MORE silicon covering over the new gap.

But something else also started to move away from my wall..........
My MASTER TOILET room door frame!!!!

Imagine THAT falling!!!!
*eyes widened*

The person who did the door frame for both of my toilets is the SAME person!
But I am surprised at the difference in the result.

The silicon that joins the door frame of my kitchen toilet to the wall is still smooth and white.

But look at the silicon around the door frame of my Master Room toilet !!!!!








Anyway, my renovation contractor just sent the respective guys down with no questions asked, OH WAIT! They did ask ONE question "When can the guys go down to fix the problem?"
*laugh*

One year warranty is definitely useful!
*Thumbs Up*

Okie dokie!
All lengthy and wordy posts of my series of updates on my new house renovation is finally over!
*pat on my shoulders*

The last post, which is the next post, would be Photos 95% and Words 5%.
Wait for it......
*wink*






No comments: