Friday, September 27, 2013

My Birthday 2013

Ever since I left my singlehood status, this year's birthday celebration with my family had been the unhappiest birthday celebration and I hope it will stay as the unhappiest record. I want my HAPPY JOYFUL, FULL OF LAUGHTER birthday celebrations like what I had....in my previous years. There were tears, angry words exchanged and disappointments this year......

Birthday celebration had always been something that I TREASURE ALOT with my family when I was still single, because it is the ONLY day whereby no matter how much quarrels and fights go around daily, on this day, my parents will be at peace with each other and have our usual midnight cake-cutting ceremony.

To many, birthday is just a special day for the birthday person every year.
But to me, birthday is a day I see my parents smile....
Regardless if it was my father's, my mother's, my sister's or my birthday, the other 3 will try their best to make the birthday person happy.

Therefore since young, birthdays hold a very special place in my heart.
Its a day that tells me that no matter how tough life was for the past 364 days, this is THE DAY that everything will be fine.

Very fairy tale?
Maybe.
But to me, its a hope.
A feeling of contentment and gladness.

======

My elder one had been sick few days before my birthday and when its time for the midnight cake cutting session, he was asleep. Though my thoughtful boy did set his alarm to wake him up 10mins before the clock struck 12 midnight, he woke to tell me that he was too tired. I understand and so this is the FIRST YEAR (if I remembered correctly) I did not have my midnight cake cutting session with my current family.

The kids agreed to cut the cake before they go to school the next day, but in the end, they did not. They were unwilling to wake up when I woke them up in the morning. So we decided to cut the cake after my birthday dinner.

Life was as per normal in the afternoon. School work and piles of them....by the time all was completed, it was about time for dinner.

Just before my birthday dinner, siblings verbal fights started, but was under control when we reached Jack's Place.

After a sumptuous meal, we got home and were ready for my cake cutting moment. I like to cut cakes at night, when its really dark, which is why we waited till dinner was over.
Yet, instead of seeing how entusiatic my boys are over how many candles each of them could help me put on my cake, a real fight happened between them. This is VERY RARE!

It is common that they have dreadful verbal exchanges, but to have a REAL fight with fists and legs in action is something that hhhhhmmmmmmm....I could not even recall when was the last time!!!! So this was the first time I watched my boys having a REAL tussle.......and it happened to be on my birthday....
And its JUST BEFORE they were supposed to sing me my happy birthday song!

I was very sad.
I was very disappointed.

Hubby and I broke them up and my younger one was crying uncontrollably. Another very rare sight.

Hubby wanted to just get the cake cutting session over and done with, with his own effort without my boys. Meaning, he will be the only one singing the birthday song for me.
I refused!

If I were to go ahead when my elder one's face was as black as charcoal and my younger one's face red with fiery tears, (I know myself), I will always remember this horrible birthday on every of my future birthdays.

Birthdays = Happiness
Birthdays = Laughters
Birthdays = Hope

That's what birthdays are to me and I will NOT let anything or anyone ruin this little belief I had held on to, for all my life.

So I told the kids how disappointed I was.
Hubby added: "How would you feel if it was YOUR birthday???!!!"
I told them that I will be giving them a few minutes to cool down.
I told them that I want a LOUD JOYFUL Birthday Song, but its unachievable when the two of them have not calmed down.

I waited......
The tears dried.
The colour of their faces went back to normal.

I know they were ready.
And after that, they REALLY MADE ME HAPPY again!!!!
They smiled.
They giggled.
They sang....oh so LOUD!!!
*Super Grin*

If I had not shared the story with you....would you have expected such drama actually happened before the photos below were taken??????











My Favourite FIRE STEAK!

Ssssmmmmokingly Yummy!







No matter how the celebration began, I am glad that it still ended with smiles on faces.

This year, like previous year, I had my birthday celebration with 3 different groups, my own family, my sister and BIL and my closest secondary school friends.

I love to try new things on my birthday or dine at places which I had not been to for a long time, which is why I chose Jack's Place (its been years since my last visit) above and Ambush (first time) with my sister and BIL.








As usual, endless topics to talk about and we chatted till the restaurant started to close for the day! *laugh* Its really not easy to make this group stop talking.......Thank you sis and BIL for the treat! *hugs*

=========

Ever since I visited KISEKI with my own family last year, see post "My Birthday 2012", I vowed to re-visit this awesome restaurant again! Loved the ambience and the food!



 However, one of our 'gang member' could not join us because of health issues, so we decided to meet again on another day. Partly also because my friend forgot to take my birthday present with her when she left her office. So we had to fix this meet-up to pass the present to me.

 This is the first time, ever since I got married, we are meeting up NOT because of any of our birthdays. The feeling was really nice. The best part is, the food at this Pique Nique (below) is REALLY YUMMY! None of us have been there before, its our first time in this cozy restaurant and we were definitely well-fed! YUM!




Presents from my 'Girl Gang'

 Thank you girls!
Looking forward to our next meet up in December!

Yup!
That's it for my birthday for year 2013!

I also want to thank all who wished me on Facebook, Watsapp, Messenger, Skype, SMS.
*Super Hugs*

















1 comment:

S said...

Aww... Happy Birthday.