Sunday, September 22, 2013

Song Sharing Sunday #241 - Because You Loved me ~ Celine Dion

Yesterday reminded me once again how blessed my sons and I are, to have 'this man' in our lives.

Saturday 21st September 2013:
Hubby went to work early in the morning for 2 hours.
Rushed back home so that he could bring our boys to visit my Chinese Physician uncle, because both were sick and he did not want me to bring them there alone.

While our boys and I waited at the Medical Hall, he went to the wet market to buy ingredients for tonight's dinner; as our children needed special diet because of their illness.
After we reached home, he started brewing the herbs for our elder one first because he appeared more sickly than the other. With fever, muscle ache, headache and stomach upset, he really needed more immediate attention.

As for the younger one, his share of herbs will help to get rid of the stubborn phlegm which refused to leave after 2 months (after visiting two different GPs four times!)!

Each packet of herbs needed almost an hour to brew and my boys had to consume one packet per day for the next couple of days.
To prevent me from getting burns, he refused to let me brew the herbs and took up the task on his own.

It takes a lot of patience and checking of water level consistently. In a second of carelessness, hubby scalded his finger. *heartpain*
A 'bubble bump' popped out on his finger after some time. *double heartpain*

After about an hour, elder boy drank the Chinese medicine without much issue even though he hated the taste and smell. A sweet was given at the end, as a reward for finishing his bowl of bitterness.

While I was monitoring our elder one in the bedroom, hubby went on to brew the herbs for the other child.
Due to the bitter taste, our younger one's negative thoughts and attitude took over. Causing him to vomit out EVERYTHING. This is NOT his first time drinking herbal medicine.
Previously, he could finish whatever that was inside the bowl.
However, this time, he kept saying, "Not nice. I want to vomit." The more he said it the more he started to gag and in the end his negativity won.

Hubby told me to wash up the messed-up kid while he chose to do all the dirty work of cleaning the dining table, dining bench and the floor....removing whatever that our younger one had vomited.

Hubby had no choice but to brew a new packet of herbs ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!
When that was done, hubby chose to divide the quantity into several tiny feeds so as to encourage my younger one. Though it took almost 30mins to get it down into our boy's tummy, with reheating needed in between, his method worked.
No more vomits.

Spending almost 3 hours in brewing the herbs (3 separate brews), he hardly had time to rest.......and he realised that it was almost time to prepare dinner.
This is the first time I see him spend so many hours in the kitchen.

Our younger son had to complete18 pages of Chinese 'practise' writing, which requires him to write about 64 chinese characters on each page. It was the most torturous school work my younger one ever had so far and he needed lots of encouragement. Therefore, I stayed with him in the study room while hubby did the  chopping, dicing and slicing the ingredients for dinner.

He went on to prepare a simple yet very delicious meal for the family. Even the two sick ones' appetite increased! Our deal had always been: one-cook while the-other-wash. So since he cooked, I did the washing up.

Finally, I can see him sitting comfortably on the sofa, relaxed, at eased.....after a tiring day....slogging for us.

Thank you Dearie!
Because of your love for the family, we are truly blessed.
*hugs*


Song Sharing Sharing Badge



Every Song reminds me of a person, an event, a place, a smell, a taste....a secret, do you have a song to share today?

Because You Loved Me
~ Celine Dion


 


Join in the fun, leave a comment with your Song Sharing Sunday post's URL and I'll hop over for a music treat....





No comments: