Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Invilgilation Days are Over

It ended yesterday.

But it almost prolonged 'its life' by one more day, when I received a call at almost 2pm TODAY, asking me if I could 'rush' down to the examination site to replace another person who couldn't report, and didn't even bother to inform them, till they call him up to ask why he hasn't 'appeared' yet. *sigh* How irresponsible.

Anyhow, THIS seemed to be a common event everyday.... sometimes I really wonder if these people realise that their couldn't-be-bothered attitude could be such a burden to others. We were short-handed every day. *sigh*

Last year the biggest reward I received from doing a 5-days invigilation was my anti-daddy younger son became a love-to-have-daddy-around boy.

This year was even better! The duo got even closer, so much so that he would say "I Miss Papa" when Allan was out for appointment this morning. Whoo-hoo!

But what really made me happy this time round was a new found friend, Carine.

She was a newbie. When we were there on last Monday, our eyes caught each other, feeling a sense of familiarity but just couldn't recall where we have met before. After a few minutes of 'stealing glances'; as if lightning has struck us; both of us exclaimed almost at the same time "Oh! You sat beside me during the briefing 2 weeks ago!!!" Laughter broke the silence.

And since then we were so close, others thought we knew each other before we accepted the RELC offer. We were like each others' shadows! *laugh*

There were these 2 days when I have arranged to meet my friends after the exam ended at 6.15pm. Both of us chatted non-stop in the MRT and parted with unfinished sentences.

Many have categorized me as 'Auntie'. I'm no longer a girl nor a young woman but rather an 'Auntie'; all because I am married with 2 kids. *eyes rolled*

But THAT labeling has never bothered me, 'cos I know I still behave very much like a kid. Call me childish if you want. I'm wouldn't even debate about that. But truth of the matter is, I'm still very young at heart.

Carine is no old lady. She just passed her 20. A sweetie pie who is 11years younger than me, yet we could see each other becoming best of friends. Amazing isn't it? Even though we are in different stages of our lives, but being Libras, we just have never ending topics to talk about. Our friendship is built on the foundation of mutual respect and telepathy.

Talking about the latter, we are so much alike that we could trip on the same spot at the same time! *laugh*

So this time the rewards of doing invigilation have quadrupled:
Bonding time between father and sons
Me-time
Monetary, and
Carine - my new friend.

*smile*

2 comments:

Something About Us said...

so happy for you as you have received not one, but 4 rewards out of this me-time session :)

Alison said...

It's always nice to make a new friend.