Thursday, June 30, 2011

3D2N Batam Trip

This is the second time to Indonesia. First was Bintan in year 2000.
This time, with my family of 4, we went for our very first 'overnight' family trip, a 3D2N Batam Trip. This is also the first time we were on a guided tour for the first day and we were on our own on for the rest of the trip. *smile*

For me, Bintan is so much more enchanting than Batam.

The things sold in Batam is comparable to that of Singapore. And there isn't much variety. Almost 40% in EVERY shopping area, which we went to, sells mainly leathery items. So to me, its a lousy place for shopping.

But I still managed to get a small bargain for 3 batik dresses. 190000 rupiah (approx S$50) total. *smile*

But what really made me grin from cheek to cheek was the Super Yummy Honey Cake.


Other than my elder boy, the three of us could not resist having several bites of it every not and then. *giggle* It was soft and spongy. Sweet and fragrant. Ooooohhhh Yum!


Our love for cakes were followed by the 'Its-A-Struggle-to-Stop-Eating' Batam Layer Cakes Kueh Lapis. There were different flavours to choose from, Chocolate, Mocha, Prune, Pandan, and not forgetting the original flavour.

With toothpick on hand, could not stop sampling their different flavours.

Each cost S$25 for 1 kg,
Wanted to buy all flavours, but errr.... considering that it was only the first day and we had 2 more days to go, PLUS, spending $125 just on Kueh Lapis is definitely not on my budget list; I decided to buy just 1kg of Chocolate flavoured Kueh Lapis.
But SERIOUSLY, the Mocha flavoured Kueh Lapis was Damn Good!!! It was not an easy decision, till the thought of kids came to mind.....

I told the shop to pack them in 2 separate boxes of 0.5kg for easy transporting. Love the packaging. Truly professional.






Lastly, my favourite part of the tour is the massage! We tried two different places at two very different prices. The one which the tour guide brought us to, cost S$20 per pax for an hour of massage. Our hotel gave a 50% off on massage and it cost S$7 per pax!!!!

Just in case you thought the relaxing massage from the professional masseuses was what I enjoyed, you are half right.
It was having my two lovable boys beside me enjoying the massage at the same time and making all sorts of remarks which made the masseuses giggling away, that truly made my massage not only relaxing, but entertaining.
And for once, they can FINALLY STOP SQUABBLING FOR ONE FULL HOUR!
*Yeah!*

Will I go Batam again?
I doubt so.
But I would really love to go Bintan again....
*smile*

No comments: