Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My MIL LOVES ME!!!

My MIL wanted to check out our temporary accommodation today. However, the kiddos over at her side were not cooperative (according to her), the two elder ones refused to study for their exams papers tomorrow.

Only when she called in the late morning to tell us that the visit was cancelled, did we realise that she had boiled Yeung-Sum (Cantonese language for the drink) water last night, all ready to bring to us today. Due to those two bottles of Yeung-Sum water, she insisted that her son must make a trip down to her place to collect it, since she is not coming over already.

Me: "Your Mum REALLY loves her grandsons."

Hubby: "No. Its You! She Really loves you. I told her that you had very bad sore throat on Sunday and immediately she boiled Yeung-Sum water. The boys had been sick for so long already, she did nothing. So its YOU whom she loves."

Me *sacarstically*: "Yes, yes, yes..."

In the late afternoon, hubby went over to her place while I stayed at home with my sick children who were sound asleep then.

...............

Just minutes before hubby came home, my MIL called, "Is he back yet?"

Me: "Not yet."

MIL: "How are you now? Did you gurgle with salt water? The Yeung-Sum water must drink ah! Will make make you feel better. Kids cannot drink. They are coughing."

ONLY THEN, IT DAWNED ONTO ME THAT WHAT HUBBY SAID WAS TRUE!
The Yeung-Sum water was for ME!
AAaaaawwww.....
*heart melted*
and speechless for a few seconds.

Me: "Orh. Orh. I'll drink. I'll drink."

And with a comforted "ok", she hung up.



My yearn for a Mother's Love all these years!!!!!
Came late.
But I am still so happy, so grateful, so blessed....

With my hubby storming through the rain....






brought home my MIL's love to me...



And MIL's dishes too for our dinner.




Thank you MIL!
Thank you!

This is the second time, she did something that makes me feel so loved. The feeling of being loved by a mother. *super hugs*

The first time was back in year 2009, when she walked down almost 20 flights of staircase for my health. Read post here "I Was Exorcised".

Once again, it made me feel terrible to have made her cry (ONCE). I am the ONLY DIL who made her cry because I shouted at her for pressuring me to stop working back in 2006. *slapping my own face*
I'm sorry....



No comments: