Monday, February 6, 2012

Interviewed by the Singapore Magazine

28th November, a surprise email came from Singapore Magazine requesting for an interview with me. A magazine meant for overseas readers.

Yeah! My blogs found another way to reach Overseas Readers! *clap clap clap*

So what was the topic?
My Hong Bao Lanterns!
Whoo-hoo!

They wanted to have a photo shoot session at my place. They wanted to schedule a 1 to 1.5hours of photo-taking session of me making my Hong Bao Lanterns.

I rejected upfront because I know myself too well, I would be so nervous, I think my Hong Bao Lantern that day would look horrible when my nerves get the better of me.

Because of my lack of confidence, no photo-taking session took place.

After receiving the magazine, I kind of regretted my decision. *laugh*

I imagined the difference it would make when they put up photos of me concentrating on my Hong Bao lanterns and the boys could have been part of the pictures too. Aaawww.... let go of another chance for them to be magazine models. It would be something special for them to look back on when they grow up.

Oh well, after this experience, I believe I will not reject anymore photo shoot if I get another chance to be interviewed...






Because I rejected the photo shoot session, they had to grab photos of my Hong Bao Lantern from my blogs. I was hoping that they would choose my creation last year, my 2011 Golden Hong Bao Lantern, which took me more time and effort, and one that I am very satsified with...



Guessed the quality of it was not good enough, so they chose to feature the other lantern. The Hong Bao Lantern I made in 2010 (below)





The feeling of seeing my own name and reading my own thoughts published in a Magazine is simply overwhelming. *Grin*

Thank you Singapore Magazine for giving me this opportunity. *hugs*

No comments: