Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Is My Name That Difficult to Pronounce?!!!

My name is Angeline.
Is it that difficult to pronounce?
Is it that difficult to remember?
Its pronounced as 'An-Jer-Lin'

A short phone call of less than 2 mins and you have called me AngeliNA 5 times!

J.D. from M.Cham. called.(I think its probably not right to say the full name out. Both the name of the staff and the company. However, I need to remember who I was talking about in my blog, afterall, my blog is like my diary..., so I put in the 'short form') He did Not call today but sometime ago.
Just that this was in my draft box. So today, I decide to complete where I left off....

Be it if you are a sales person or a telemarketer,
even if you are just a human being who is talking to another,
I think it is basic courtesy to try to remember the person's name whom you are talking to.

As for me, who is very bad with remembering names.
I will choose NOT to mention the name, lest I called out the wrong name and embarrass myself.
Most importantly, I think it will be disrespectful to the person whom I am talking to.

The most number of 'wrong name-calling' I can accept is 3.
Anything more than that, I'm sorry, I think its way too extreme.
It just shows me that you simply couldn't be bothered.
If that is your attitude, then I think its very sad.
Furthermore, in such a short call, you actually called my name wrongly 5 times!

"Hi, may I speak to AngeliNa?"
"This is Angeline."

"Yes, AngeliNA, I am J.D. from M.Cham. and I would like to invite you to come to M.Cham. on this Sunday, will you be free?"
"My name is Angeline. I will not be free this Sunday."

"so AngeliNA, which..." (I interrupted. I know its rude to interrupt when someone is talking, but this time, I just want to make sure that he is actually talking to the right person.)
"DEAR! My name is Angeline! NOT AngeliNA!"

"But its written here. It says AngeliNA Foong."
"Then you have probably called the wrong number."

"But AngeliNA, your surname is Foong right? And your number is 9#######, correct?"
"My name is ANGELINE! By the way, how did you get my number?"

"You came to one of our events and you left your details with us."
"No, I have never been to your events. I think you probably get the wrong person."

"But the Name and Number is correct and you have kids right?"
"Yes, I have kids."

"Nevermind, so AngeliNA are you able to come next Sunday?"
"My name is ANGELINE! Please get it right. No, I am not interested (even if I am, I'm sorry, I'm already pissed off by you!) and will not be free on ANY SUNDAYS. Anything else?"

"Ok, then, thank you."
Pressed 'End Call' button.

My name is ANGELINE!!!
Is it that difficult to pronounce?????!!!
*eyes rolled*

2 comments:

kurnaen said...

oke then i'll call you,
Hi ANGELINE

Find streetdirectory Treasures and Win Ipad 2

Very easy! please visit my BLOG

MommyAngel said...

Tell you one strange thing Angeline ... my girls name is Angelina but everyone call her as "Angeline" including her teachers no matter how many time I correct them :( How come?