Monday, April 23, 2012

40 Plus Boxes!!!

You will never know how much junk you have until you decide to move your nesting ground!

Till the second last day before our big move, we were still picking new carton boxes and buying our third roll of plastic wraps.

I am very thankful for those 7 years of retail life, especially those bazaar days, we had learned to use plastic wraps to wrap things up really well.

In fact, I am proud to say that with our frequent trips to replenish our stocks overseas in the past, we know how to make use of carton boxes to the fullest and know how to wrap them up so well that no matter how heavy those things inside the boxes are, the boxes will not break nor tear, even with rough handling.
*thumbs up*

The day before our big move, my removal company called in the afternoon and said that they had made a mistake. They were not able to come at 11am on the 11th of April 2012. They said they could only come after 3pm. *faint*

No way am I going to change my plans because of someone's mistake. So I fired them and looked for another removal company. We chose 11am because of the special schooling time my elder son has on every Wednesday. So I am not going to change the timing for anything or anyone.

Since it was weekday, it was so easy to get a replacement mover.
However, the funny thing was there was a huge misunderstanding between hubby and the movers. Allan kept saying that there aren't many furniture because we have dissembled most of our furniture into small movable sizes and we had thrown away our queen size mattress and bed frame, plus there were merely 20 plus boxes.

The HUGE BIG FAT 'BUT' was we had NOT finished packing when Allan spoke to the movers!

The phone call was made when I collect the keys from my landlord of my temporary home at 12pm plus. We agreed to pack our daily-need-to-use stuff only the day before. Never did we expect that those things could DOUBLED the quantity of the number of cartons we told the movers!!!!

11th April 2012, at 11.30am the two of them came! 
Yes! 
ONLY two of them! 
*super faint*

When they stepped into the house, Allan told them, there were about 30 plus cartons and some Toyogo boxes plus some luggage. The boss's jaws dropped, "Huh?! So many?! I thought you said not many things?!"
"We were not done packing yesterday yet, didn't expect to end up with so much." hubby replied with a little awkwardness.

"I would have called for more helpers if I knew there were this much and I do not think my truck is big enough either for one trip." He warned.

"Its my mistake. Its ok, just name me the price." hubby confessed.

"Nevermind let's move them first and see how it goes." the boss suggested.

And so they did...





See how nicely hubby and I have wrapped all the furniture?!
Just the two of us!
So proud of ourselves.
*pat on shoulders*


Even the movers were impressed.
The 3 rolls of plastic wraps brought by them were not needed at all.
*wink*

My Very Ill boy was still asleep when we were hard at work that morning.






In total, we have dissembled 2 single bed frames, one glass dining table, one wooden study table and one bookshelf. If we had not done that, there would not be any space available for the boxes!!! *eyes rolled*
Dissembling those things also made it easier for the movers to carry.






 






*SCREAM*
I forgot to take a photo of the completely FULL STOREROOM!!!!
What a waste!!!




So did the movers manage to fit all my 'Goodies' into their truck?

No comments: