Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Will I Still Use This Mover?

So did you guess YES or NO for the last question posted in my previous post "40 Plus Boxes!!!"?

After going up and down from my house for two rounds of loading and unloading, the truck looked like this:


And how many more things do I have left in the house, which are still waiting to be loaded up into the truck?

Ignore the Yellow Cabinet, its staying behind for good.

Ignore the Wardrobe, its not coming with us.


*JAWS DROPPED* There was no way all of those are going to fit into the rest of the space left in the truck.

So the answer to yesterday's question was "No. The truck could not hold All of my Goodies in one trip."

After loading up a few more things to fill up the last bit of space in the truck, we set off to our new temporary home, leaving behind these for the second trip:




 We reached the new place before the movers. It was almost 3pm! Unbelievable? Believe it!

In fact, my heart ached for the Two of them. You can tell that they were already half dead and their tummy were definitely growling. From 11.30am to 3pm and with so much energy used, whose tummy would not growl?!

My sick boy and I were left in the new house giving instructions to the movers, while hubby went to pick up my elder son from school before he goes off to meet the movers again in the old place for the second trip.

We had already decided what to put where, when we went to the new place the day before this big move, so on that day it was "Put Where?" "This, Put Here." NOT once did I say "Hhhmmm..., let me see ah...." Totally no hesitation or whatsoever. Making their job easier and faster.

After all was cleared from the first trip, I could tell that their 'batteries had went flat'! *laugh*
So I told them to go for their late lunch first before going back to the old house for the second trip.

When all was done, it was almost 6pm!!!!!
*faint*

In total he charged us $450.
Expensive?
*shrugged*
Maybe

But for the effort made by the TWO of them because of my hubby's error, I think the price was definitely reasonable. In fact, after observing the way they work, I think I am more than willing to pay that amount. It was REALLY TOUGH!

It is not just muscles without brains.
You need to organise your thoughts before even starting to move anything.
You need to know what should be placed beside each other for a best fit and load them up in that sequence.

There are many things that the two of them did which I really appreciate:
  • Though shocked (see yesterday's post), when they first arrived, they did not complain nor give bad attitude or grouchy faces. They still smile when we smile at them.
  • They brought two extra Huge boxes to store those irregular-shaped items. *super thumbs up*


  • They are extremely strong! My glass dining table is so big and heavy, but the smaller size guy could carry it like as if it was nothing!
  • Though extremely strong, they are very gentle to my ALL my 'treasures'. The only 'flaw' they made was a dent in the fan's front grid, which hubby felt could have been caused when the vehicle made a sharp turn or something. So its an accident.

  • They are also considerate muscle men. When they were moving the items along the narrow corridors, they make extra effort to watch over the plants of my neighbour, avoiding them at all costs. 
  • They were so thoughtful that they bother to put down our things carefully and slowly.


  • When they were unloading at my new temporary place after the second trip, it was obvious that their minds were still very alert though they were exhausted. Instead of asking, "This, Put Where?", they asked, "This goes into the Kitchen right?" or "This put in the Bedroom?" 
  • They also make Special Effort (Without us saying anything at all) not to scratch the floor in our new temporary place, when putting the things down.
My younger boy gave them a packet of drink each when hubby was paying them and preempting them of our next move towards end of this year, after we had finalized our own nest.

"No problem, but next time I will bring more helpers." *laugh*

No comments: