Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Manpuku-Japanese Gourmet Town

We didn't do much yesterday for our 9th Wedding Anniversary. The only request I had was to try out Manpuku, the Japanese Gourmet Town at Tampines One.

The concept of a foodcourt but serving Restaurant food. Its a combination of several Japanese Restaurants. They were very strict about photo takings. So I couldn't show you how captivating the entrance of the place was.

We reached at 8pm+, took a queue number, stood aside and waited for our number to be called. The interior was beautiful.

When it was our turn, the staff passed these to us and explained how they 'operate' inside. Its a card system, no cash payment till you are done and leaving. The 'Reserved' stand is for obvious reasons, ya? Leave it on your table and start queuing for your favourite Japanese food.

I'll give a grade 'A' for their service. All seemed so nice yes? Wait till the actual eating begins....

These were what we ordered:



We were really disappointed with the taste of the food.

Sad to say, though they 'seemed' to be representing the respective famous Japanese Restaurants in Singapore, the standard was lower than what we enjoy in the restaurant itself. I give the standard a grade C.

Other dissatisfaction includes the long wait. Ok, maybe you can credit it to its popularity, but what we saw was a disorganised team at work at each 'station'.

Maybe its on purpose, but I almost lost my sense of direction inside the small place. The tall logs and decorations were blocking practically everything! The 'stations' were not in a single file, you've got to twist and turn your way around, I actually missed out a particular 'station' which was so crucial... 'cos my kids didn't find what they like till this last 'lost-and-found'...

Lastly, the price... paying at Restaurant price but not getting the same standard just dampened the mood. Just for those above, we paid S$66.77, pretty number eh? Go buy 4D. *giggle*

So will I go back again? Nope!
Will I recommend? Just for curiosity sake, yes.

3 comments:

Angeline said...

Personal Opinion ok?

Mommy Lose Weight said...

I think I will still prefer Sakae Sushi! :D

Ann said...

Hmmm....overpriced not too good food....wonder how long they will last.

Still love your Spore Fried Prawn Noodles the best!