Friday, May 15, 2009

My Long-awaited KL trip has been cancelled

I had planned to go to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia almost half a year ago
Bought the Millionaire Mind Intensive Seminar tickets in November 2008

For the first time
I decided to go overseas ON MY OWN.
The change in Allan, after that seminar, was too significant to ignore
and I want that change too.

And so, the tickets were bought in November 2008
The accommodation and air tickets were booked and fully paid in January 2009

I had been counting down to 11 June 2009.

Yet, TODAY,
the headlines shattered my dream
"Swine Flu reaches Malaysia"

Chip chip chop chop
Without hesitation
I picked up the phone and made the overseas call
to cancel
the seminar
the accomodation
the flight
and requested for a refund

for the seminar, I get to change to the one held in Singapore in November 2009
for the accommodation, after some arguments, they finally agreed to refund me with 5% penalty.
Which is acceptable to me.

When there's a STRONG WILL, there's a WAY.

It all goes to show how much a person really want to achieve it
I wasn't trying my luck
I was determined to get it
And so I did.

Now, the air tickets are a little tricky
there isn't a contact number available
how ridiculous
but that's how Tiger Airways operate
How clever.
Their only number available, handles bookings only
Any other matters, you'll need to fax a letter to them
They DON'T EVEN GIVE YOU AN EMAIL !!!
*faint*

Huh?
did you say office address?
Nope!
Their address is a P.O. Box number!
*faint*

I have faxed the letter and will be pursuing the matter till I get the answer I want.

That's me.
When I want to do something
I make sure I follow through till the end
If not,
I won't even bother to waste my effort

*fingers crossed*

3 comments:

Something About Us said...

It may be a blessing in disguise, as you are able to attend the seminar, right in Singapore. No need to travel.

All the best in getting the refund!

Woman in a Window said...

Go get them girl! I'm not that strong in the end. (Is there no swine flu in Singapore, yet?)

Ann said...

Glad everything worked out alright...despite the last min cancellation....but does it really sound that bad?

BUt going overseas is going overseas....guess Msians can't be going to Spore anytime soon either!

This weather doesn't help either!