Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Delicious Muffins is now Oven Marvel

My sis wanted to have a 'special birthday cake' this year. Some time ago, her friend recommended muffins from the shop Delicious Muffins and my sis remembered that recommendation but has yet to try. So she decided to give it a try on her birthday.
Yes, delicious muffins were her BIRTHDAY CAKE!
How special.
Details of her birthday is in the post "Happy Birthday Ah Yee."

Never knew or heard of Sunshine Plaza, but thanks to my sis's request, we were given this opportunity to find this 'treasure'.

Allan drove us to Sunshine Plaza in the CBD area to collect the delicious muffins which we ordered the day before.

You can call the lady boss on her mobile phone number 96361503. Don't worry about her not picking up the call, because she does return your call. *smile*

When she returned my call few minutes later, I had a little chat with her. She told me that her Delicious Muffins signboard has been changed to Oven Marvel with pictures of two gloves beside the name. She explained that the change is because she wants others to know that everything sold in the shop are handmade and not machine productions.

My heart sank a little when I heard the reason. Because she was already ranking so well on Google Page 1 with the keyword 'Delicious Muffins' and 'Delicious Muffins Sunshine Plaza'. To have the sudden change in her signboard, I am not too sure if it would affect her sales as people might not be able to find the signboard 'Delicious Muffins' when they visit Sunshine Plaza.

Anyway, the shop is located near Bugis at 91 Bencoolen Street, #01-51, Sunshine Plaza. It is closed on 8th, 18th, 28th of the month and opens from 11.30am to 8.00pm.

Many reviews have said that her curry puffs outshone her delicious muffins and since her menu list only consists of 6 items, I thought might as well get all 6! *laugh*

Here's what they have to offer:
Chicken Pie
Curry Puff

Orange Peel Muffin
Apple Raisin Muffin

Chocolate Muffin

Banana Walnut Muffin
The shop was nothing short of simple, down-to-earth and plain serious baking going on and I love it. The small shop is more like a kitchen. There is only a very small table good enough for two person to sit against the glass wall. With 3 foldable tables and some simple chairs outside the shop or I would rather say, outside the kitchen, the place is set for their daily business.

I would seriously suggest that you call and make an order first, instead of giving them a surprise visit. The person before me bought alot too and there are very few selections available in the take-and-go mini-shelf.

The cardboard box delivery man happened to be there shortly after me and the lady boss attitude towards him showed her undeniable perfectionist character. I love perfectionist who deals with food. *Thumbs Up*

Though tough on the delivery guy, she was still very professional in serving her customers and gave me personalised service like what Go Promos personalized keychains would. Seeking my approval on how the muffins, pie and puffs to be packed and arranged made me feel good. In total, I bought 16 muffins, 4 for each flavour, 2 curry puffs and 1 chicken pie for $30+.

She asked, "Are you sure you can finish them?"
Me: "If we can't finish them today, we will eat it tomorrow for breakfast."

In beautiful Mandarin, she continued, "3 days is the maximum number of days you can keep the pastries. Put them in the refrigerator if you would be keeping them for 3 days. Warm them up before eating. Today, which is collection day, must be considered as the 1st day. BUT (and her face became even more serious-looking) the curry puffs and chicken pie MUST be consumed by today."

Me: "But I will definitely be able to finish them by tomorrow morning, so do I still need to refrigerate them?"
She: "Not necessary."

The taste and fragrant was reduced overnight, but still delicious.
So what is my verdict?
Here's the ranking,
from 1.- Craving-For-More to 6.- I-Will-Not-Buy-It-Again:
  1. Curry Puff
  2. Chicken Pie
  3. Banana Walnut Muffin
  4. Chocolate Muffin (being a chocolate fanatic, the taste of the chocolate was not strong enough for me)
  5. Apple Raisin Muffin
  6. Orange Peel Muffin (the orange kept sticking onto my molars *Thumbs Down*)
In fact, I just told my hubby a few days ago about my craving for Oven Marvel curry puffs and chicken pies. If my son was not sick, I think we would have went because my son loves their curry puffs too. *wink*

Have you tried them before?
What was your impression of their pastries?

1 comment:

Santanu Mondal said...

I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page!

benefits of orange peel for skin