Monday, July 25, 2011

My Happy Purchases - Curry Puffs and Chicken Pies

I have been feeling really upset since Friday when my parenting blog was taken down for the 5th time by my hosting company and is still in suspension mode till now....
My hubby had been suggesting Curry Puffs and Chicken Pies from Oven Marvel, previously known as Delicious Muffins, at Sunshine Plaza (see detail blog post over here "Delicious Muffins is now Oven Marvel")

He knows that they are my new cravings and hopefully the fragrant and lovely taste would cheer me up a little. I kept rejecting his kindness till this morning....
We avoided the ERP gantry charges before 12noon and was the second customer in queue even before Oven Marvel was opened. That is how good their pastries are!

At 11.30am, though the gate was still half-opened, the smell was simply irresistible! The chefs were already hard at work.
I stood patiently at the half-lifted gate for about 5 mins before the Lady Boss arrived and greeted me, "Good morning, what do you want?"
"Chicken Pies and Curry Puffs, 4 pieces each." I replied.

After checking with the chefs, she asked, "It will only be ready by 11.50am, is that ok?"
I knew I would be late to fetch my younger one from Kindergarten, but hey, I came all the way here, I would not want to leave empty handed nor come back later to pay for the ERP charges. So I said, "Ok".
*smile*

So THIS WAS OUR LUNCH!

Chicken Pies

Chicken Pie - $3.00
Curry Puffs

Curry Puffs ~ $2.20

With 4 Chicken Pies and 4 Curry Puffs, I paid $20.80.
Expensive in my opinion.

But they are so good, even my 6 year old and 7 year old boys loved it since the very first time they tasted it few weeks ago and had asked for more; which makes it even more worthwhile to travel all the way there. Seeing kids happy, makes parents happy.

Will we buy them again, DEFINITELY YES!!!
Its pretty addictive in a way.
*wink*

1 comment:

puff and pie said...

I am looking for something special for this Christmas. Any good 4-5recipes will do. Your adventure of food is very good. I love your blog and its photos. Keep posting, I just subscribe to your blog. And yes, Puff Pie have many varieties. Been a Baker Chef, I love to look for it.
- Sathorn,
Puff & Pie | Puff & Pie | Puff & Pie bakery