Saturday, April 11, 2009

Not a Crowd Lover

It was raining monsters and dinosaurs yesterday.
"Come! Let's go for a drive." exclaimed my ever-eager-to-drive-in-downpours husband.
Oh yes! He got his wish alright.
The visibility was so bad, we had to drive at 40-50km/h.
As the man enjoyed his feeling of "nah-nah-nah-boo-boo-you-can't-make-me-wet", the kids were enjoying the sight of huge splashes of water as the wheels rolled over the mini-flood.

Me? You asked? I was reminded of how Allan and I used to get drenched during such days, when he was still riding his Harley Davidson look alike bike, as we passed by arms-folded motorcyclists taking shelters under those flyovers.

The joy ride stopped at Vivo City, when the heavy rain became drizzle.
What a mistake!
We had forgotten that it was Good Friday.
A Public Holiday.
A everyone-dash-out-of-their-house day.

So many "Excuse me", "Make Way", "Ouch!" (When someone was accidentally stepped on); was heard everywhere.

Seriously, I can't even remember when was the last time I join the crowds in the shopping centres. Completely dislike the feeling of queuing to get up on the escalator; having handbags to hit my elbow by some shopping queens who are too engross in the items in showcases then noticing the HUMAN in front of them; having ill-mannered people to slide their WHOLE BODY infront of me to reach for the same item from the shelf, when the distance between me and the shelf is but half a metre. *Arrrggghhhh*

Last, but definitely not least, I can't stand the chatterings, high pitch laughters, quarrelings, yellings, scoldings, arguings of the hundreds all at the same time. *eyes rolled*

I think I'm too pampered over these past 3 years, ever since Allan became a property consultant. Extremely flexible working hours, he is like a stay at home dad, hence we could be out at almost any time we want to.

Since then, I truly love the quieter shopping malls, the ease of seeing things without peering over someone's else shoulders (ok, I'm pretty short), the wonderful feeling of finding the correct item on the right shelves (you know how MESSY the toys departments are during holidays and weekends?! Unbelievable! Sometimes you really wonder if the parents bother to teach the kids "Put it back where you first took it"), and the ample parking lots available near the lift. *Smile*

I know not everyone has this privilledge, I used to belong to that category too. Now, I hold this blessing close to my bosom, not taking a moment of it for granted.

2 comments:

Something About Us said...

We went to airport on Good Friday, not too bad, no need to squeeze. Hehe.

I hate crowds too, that's why we tried to avoid shopping mall during PH.

Woman in a Window said...

I don't do malls or crowds. In fact, I barely do the local supermarket.