Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Swine Flu Outbreak

Is this going to be another epidemic as serious as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) in 2003?
*fingers crossed*
I hope not.
But from the look of it, the speed of which it is spreading and the measures taken to tackle the rising problem seems to be the same.

Anyhow, countries like Hong Kong, New Zealand, United States, China, Malaysia, Japan, Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, Philippines and Singapore are taking stringent measures to prevent it from spreading further.

Today my 2nd Sis-in-law sent the following email to me regarding the Swine Flu which was first forwarded by Dr Daniel Chan, the vice president-Corporate Services, Shenton Medical Group, Parkway Health-Primary Care Network.

*I'm sorry I just couldn't link the images so that its a perfect fit.*


4 comments:

Mom Knows Everything said...

A lot of people are talking about it here in Canada too. Scary stuff.

Alison said...

I don't think it is going to be as bad as we fear, but it's good that governments are taking precautions. Since I'm in Texas, close to Mexico where the worst has happened, I can't help but feel a little nervous.

Woman in a Window said...

Certainly something to be aware of but hopefully it doesn't develop into something.

Ann said...

It's really scary....

And depsite whatever meausres, how to prevent from spreading to Asia...unless the country closes their doors to tourist from the infected parts!

Sigh....or maybe we ourself have to close our own doors already...

Chicken and pigs really 'eating' us up too now.