Thursday, August 4, 2011

Red House Seafood Restaurant at East Coast Review

If I am not mistaken, I believe it was Red House Seafood Restaurant, which was featured in one of the Amazing Race finals episode, right? Correct me if I am wrong.

Recently, Allan helped one of our 8years long time friend, whom we clicked at first sight *giggle* when we were doing our retail business in the past, sell their house.

We are so close, our children knows each other too, even though we stay at different ends of Singapore.

To thank Allan for helping them to achieve above their asked price, the family gave mine a treat at Red House Seafood Restaurant.


Sad to say, there are so many different ways of cooking Chili Crabs, some may be spicier than others, but never did I expect myself to dislike any of them and Red House Seafood Restaurant broke that belief. I didn't like the slimy-ness of the gravy. Maybe its the freshness level of the crabs, maybe its the way it was cooked, maybe it was the chef or simply because of the gravy, I could not taste the sweetness of the crab meat at all.

Yes, I was disappointed.

I did not take individual photos of every dish but a photo at the end of it all. We had mushrooms with broccoli, fried rice, fried fish with gravy, man-tou, something that looked like carrot cake but tasted like fish cake, fried chicken and herbal soup with prawns.


With so much to eat, the ONLY item I liked actually turned out to be the Free appetizer, fried-chong, on every table before any ordering can be made from the menu.



Lots of leftovers but the two chatty families packed them up for supper.

Though I was not fully satisfied with whatever that was served on the table, the people around the table made my night definitely! I love their company and have missed them much ever since we left the retail business 4 years ago. *smile*

No comments: