Thursday, November 22, 2012

First Time Using Daily Disposable Lenses

Over the past few months, my eyes had become very sensitive.
Totally no clue as to why or what is causing it.

Yesterday morning, I woke up with a swollen left eye.
The white area of my eyeball was puffed up.
It looked as if someone had injected liquid into it.

The black area of my eyeball was still in good condition.
Thank Goodness!
Or else I would have been half-blind the whole of yesterday.

The white part was so swelled up that I had problem closing my left eye.
When my eyelid drops down, it felt like it was the bread of a sandwich, with the white part as the fillings.
GROSS!

I felt so and so did my boys.
Exact same comment "GROSS!"

It was not painful nor itchy.
It just felt uncomfortable.

A friend of mine saw my condition and believed that the culprit might had been my contact lens.
Hhhmmm... which reminded me that it was probably overdue!
Ooops!

Ever since I started wearing contact lenses more than 20 years ago,
monthly disposable contact lenses were my only choice and I wore them every single day.

It was only towards the end of last year that I stopped wearing them on a regular basis.
I wore my glasses more often instead.
In fact, I hardly wear contact lenses anymore, probably twice a week or thrice at most.



Thus I thought it would be more practical and economical to switch to daily disposable lenses.
Bought them more than one month ago but decided to keep them till my monthly disposable ones ran out.

As if to welcome me to the Daily Disposable Lenses group, I received this cute hand towel from the sweet optometrist.
What a surprise!
Guessed I would not be using it to wipe my hands, 'cos too cute!
*laugh*

My swollen left eye took ONE WHOLE day to recover.
It only got well this morning after many drops of EYEMO yesterday.

At 8.15am today, I could finally close my left eye without having the feeling of it being like a hamburger, with a thick meat in the center.

However, the strain was still there.
Not painful type of strain, but tiredness type of strain.

Before we went out for dinner just now, I decided to throw away my overdue contact lenses and tried out the daily disposable lenses for the very first time.

The 'fitting' did not feel as good as my monthly disposable contact lense, but hey, it definitely felt 'fresher'.
*Thumb Up*

No comments: