Tuesday, November 13, 2012

We, RETAILERS are NOT beggars!!!

Today has not been a very pleasant day for me.
Right in the beginning of the day, I received an UNWANTED SURPRISE the workers did yesterday to my new house, when I paid a visit this morning.
Don't want to talk about it now, 'cos they would need to come down to verify tomorrow (today is Public Holiday = No Work).
So for now, not going to make a big hoo-ha here till I get a confirmation from them tomorrow.
====

Next, I nearly fell flat on a person when I tripped over an uneven tile in the hawker centre in Chinatown. Thank goodness I regain my balance in time.
If not, her face would be in her hot bowl of soup.
*phew*
=====

Then came home and saw this ridiculous request:~



Check out the original post here "Kids Study Chair For Sale"

I had been in the retail business for so many years now, I had seen all sort of customers, but THIS IS THE TYPE I dislike most!
There are customers who buy alot of things or who bought high value items from me and ask for a free item. I am more than willing to give.

Now, I am selling you an Office Chair that is (in my opinion) AS GOOD AS NEW for $10, which is ALREADY cheaper than what you can get in retail shops outside. Now you are still asking for BUY 1 GET 1 FREE????!!!!

There are many ways of Negotiating, but THIS IS NOT one of them!
If you consider this as one of the way of Negotiating, then in my opinion, this is the LOUSIEST way of negotiating!

Seriously, in MY OPINION, EVERYONE SHOULD go try be a RETAILER for once! 
At least a year!
Not the online retailer, but those that have a PHYSICAL STALL whereby you have to sit there and wait for customers to come.

Only then you will know that being a retailer is truly HARDWORK!
There is the cost of the items that we need to fork out first.
Then we spend our time sitting at the shop for 10 to 12hours, hoping to earn enough to feed the family after deducting the cost of the item and the rental for the day.

Only after YOU become a retailer, then you can be a GOOD CUSTOMER.

Only then YOU WILL THINK before you ask for such request!

We, Retailers are NOT beggars!
Treat us with some respect for goodness sake!















1 comment:

imbeingheldhostage said...

wow, that is nervy! Take a deep breath and forget the message :)