Thursday, August 29, 2013

Did You Know Your Toilet Position Affects Your Health?

I love to squat when I do my toilet business.
Now that Singapore has become so advance and modernised.
I could hardly find a toilet that allows me to squat to poo.

Then........
I look forward to visit my in-law's every Sunday because one of her 4 toilets has a squatting-bowl and I LOVED IT!!!

And........
Ever since we started to frequent Malaysia at least once a week more than 2 years ago, I was overjoyed! Because I can easily find a toilet cubicle with a squatting-bowl!
Yeah!

Plus.......
Ever since I shifted to my new place, I realised that the coffeshops' in the vicinity also has squatting-bowl cubicles!
*clap clap clap*

Alright, I'm going to tell you a 'secret'.
*laugh*
Its probably no secret after today.

Ready?

Actually....I rest my feet on a stool when I poo.
Sometimes I would tip-toe while my feet are on the stool, so much so that my knees are VERY bent, just like as if I am squatting.
So now you know what I do behind the doors......
*laugh*

Today, I was delighted to hear that what I had been doing is actually good for my health!!!!

*clap clap clap*


When we stand, our Puborectalis muscle will prevent our feces from dropping out.
When we sit, this Puborectalis muscle will be partially relaxed.
And when we squat, the Puborectalis muscle will be fully relaxed, hence its easier and more effective for our poo to shoo out of our body.

Lack of dietary fibre might have been thought to be the cause of constipation, hemorrhoids, colitis, appendicitis, colon cancer and other related health issues.
However, some researchers found out that our bathroom posture plays a more important role in causing these problems.
Of 'cos, having fibre in our diet should NOT be omitted either.

At The Stanford University Pelvic Floor Clinic, squatting is not only recommended with patients with colon issues, it is required.

Here's a video that explains it all.
I am NOT doing an advertorial post for Squatty Potty.
Just that this video makes me happy because now I understand why I love to squat or bend my knees when I am doing my Big Business in the toilet...... simply because I'm Listening to what my body wants.

Simply because, 
We, 
Humans, 
anatomically, 
are designed 
to squat to poo.



*wink*

No comments: