Monday, August 5, 2013

MIL's Heart-Work - Dumpling 粽子

In last year's post, "My MIL's Hardwork - Dumpling 粽子", I mentioned that my MIL prepared lesser dumplings that previous years.

This year...... even lesser.

With an unwelcoming remark on the health of my MIL from the physician recently, MIL has taken a step back from her usual 'I want to be in-charge of everything' self. She is learning to relax more and I think it has affected the number of dumplings made this year too.

When I received the dumplings from her on the last Sunday of July, I was shocked.
The plastic bag was so much lighter than all previous years.
What was missing?
My boys' favourite mini-dumpling which they would coat with sugar before taking a bite into the soft glutinous rice. (See photo in last year's post)

Only the white and the brown dumplings were made this year.
We used to have dumplings for lunch for almost a WHOLE week before we could finish the portion that she gave to us.
We have a portion of her heart-work, my 2nd BIL's family gets another portion and leaving the biggest portion for my 1st BIL's household, which includes herself and FIL.

Yet, this year, the dumplings were NOT even enough for the 4 of us to eat for 2 rounds of lunch!
All were gone by 30th July!
What a big drop in quantity!

However, its good to know that she is getting her piorities right, this time....finally!
Health is more important than anything else....

Thank you MIL for the gift from your heart.....made with your loving hands.








No comments: