Thursday, August 22, 2013

I Love To Do Repair Work!

Sometimes I feel more like a boy than a girl.
Since young, I find talking to males easier than females. Conversations are more straight to the point and....hhhhmmmm..... just simpler.

Since very young.
As soon as I know how to handle the tools in a toolbox correctly, my father had been teaching and asking me to do different types of repair work. Therefore, when I was still in Primary school, I already know how to fix and dismantle a standing fan, a lamp, a power plug, etc.

Maybe because I was trained to think "When things are not right, repair needs to be done" since young, I am very much of a handyman handywoman wherever I go. I repair my classmate's mechanical pencils, fix their pencil box, etc.

And my father always says: "One Stitch Saves Nine. Don't Wait."

This mindset has stuck in my head for the longest time!
Thus when I saw the condition of my floor after the acid cleaning done by my male renovation coordinator, I was determined to do something about it......eventually.

Read the section with the heading of "27th December 2012" in the post "Progress of New House-Update 4" to know the story of my floor.

Ok, so as a result of what my male renovation coordinator did, some of the acid ate up the cement between the tiles, leaving crack lines and mini-holes in the cement between each tile.

I wanted to fix it.
To get it back to its smooth white look.

However, after moving in, there were lots of 'getting used to' that needs more immediate attention and soon, the urgency of fixing the crack lines and mini-holes was shelved.

Almost 8 months had passed and those crack lines and mini-holes start to accumulate dirt and dust, so much so that its greyish and blackish at some spots. It annoys me. 
*laugh* You must be wondering if my head is hung low each time I walked around the house! Errrmmm.... more or less! *huge laugh*

When something like this annoys me, its an eyesore and I will keep focusing on it till its fixed!!!

As a believer of Law of Attraction, I kept thinking of a product I once saw in Pasar Malam (Night market). Its a bottle/tube-like thing that contains liquid cement. I remembered the demonstration. It was so easy to apply. So I had been looking out for 'him' at Pasar Malam lately.

Believe it or not!
I happened to SEE that GUY who sold this LIQUID CEMENT thing AGAIN!
I was overjoyed!!!!

Bought from him immediately and planned to work on my floor on the next weekday when my kids are in school. Its tough to do such things at home with two active kids.

Thus, since Monday, I started TRYING out the product at a corner of my house.

 I did not want to go full force at first go because I wanted to see the after-effect first.
It was ok.
I would not say 'fantastic' though, because of the nature of my floor tiles.
The product is Good, its my floor tiles that were imperfect.

Some tiles have rounded sides, therefore the gap between each tile is easy to fill up because its like a drain.
However, my floor tiles does NOT have rounded sides. It is a 90 degrees bend.
Though the tiles were machine-made, no two tiles are uniform in thickness.
In fact, every SINGLE PIECE of tile had different thickness from the left side of the tile to its right side.
*shake head*

Hence when we put two pieces of tiles together, the gap between them is uneven, making it VERY DIFFICULT for me to even out the liquid-cement.

*sigh*
We already had so much 'trouble' looking for floor tiles in the beginning stage of the renovation, read post "Progress of New House - Update 2", yet after finalizing the floor tile, problem of another sort still exist.
Oh well, it was our choice and ignorance.

Next time I will choose floor tiles with rounded sides for my next house!
Humph!

Yesterday I inspected the gap of that few tiles which I mended on Monday.
Hhhhmmmm.....satisfactory.
After two days, no cracks whatsoever.
*thumbs up*

Immediately, I took out my 'new toy' and get it to work again on another small part of my living room.

 


 Today, 22nd August, I was in a 'labouring mood'!
And I spent my whole morning doing the entire living room!

Now, I am waiting for the 5hours of rest-dry-and-set period to be over before I start the tedious cleaning of the sides of the tiles : the 'over-spilled' area.
It is tedious because I had to be very careful at all times NOT to accidentally wipe the cement in the gap, or else, I'll have to start again.


Still Drying.
Wiping of over-spilled area are not done yet.

Virgo is not my horoscope but Sometimes, I'm a perfectionist.
Such meticulous work, I choose to do it myself even though I could always call up my renovation coordinator to get the floor contractor to do it for me.

I had backache after spending a few hours on this.
But guess what?!
I am so happy that I am finally fulfilling yet another simple wish of mine!
One word - Satisfaction!
*Super Grin*

So while the liquid cement fills up the crack lines and mini-holes and taking its own sweet time to dry, I am here with my fingers dancing on the keyboard.

Even after the cleaning work that follows after this, [there goes my afternoon! *Jaws Dropped*] the task is still not completed yet. 3 more rooms to go. *Taking a Long Deep Breath*

So this would be my assignment for the week, I guess.
Its good to be occupied because staying still and doing nothing is just SO-NOT-ME!
Ooops!
Unless I'm sleepy!
Then lying on my bed and doing nothing will be my favourite thing to do.
*laugh*


Every small wish fulfilled is a big boost to self-esteem!
Cheers!






No comments: