Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Books-Crazy!

A very Special Friend told me about the Carrefour Bazaar held at Plaza Singapura. There were lots of things going at really low price. But I'm there only for the books! I do not consider myself a bookworm but whenever it comes to self-improvement books, I can be 'out-of-control'.

I bought this for myself: "Speak without Fear"

For those of you who know about me being a Panelist at the Working Mothers Forum sometime back in October this year, would know how important this book is to me. For those of you who are not aware, go read this.

As for sharpening my parenting skills, I bought these:












By the way, I'm Allan's 'Reader'. Whenever he reads, he falls asleep, its a bad habit, no matter how exciting the book is. So whenever I see a book that can benefit him, especially for his work, I'll grab the book, read it, digest it and regurgitate in simpler form to him.

So for Allan, I bought:
The last book "Words That Work" is one which I've been searching for more than a year. I saw the book once at Popular Bookshop but gave it a miss, only few days later to regret it.
When I went back, the book was gone. Left my name and my number for them to contact me once there's supply again, but no one called. Whenever I visit the Bookshop, I'll double check again and again....but still no luck.

When I saw the book, I was over-whelmed with excitement, tears were in my eyes, SERIOUS! Not Exaggerating! Its like you've found a lost love! The feeling was extreme!

So, 7 books at S$10 each! What a bargain!
I've checked the original price of those books and my total damaged (if I had bought it in any bookshop) could have been US$106.75!!! Which is approximately S$160!!!
I saved S$90! Whoo-hoo!!! And the value of these books are priceless! I'm so in luck today! *laugh*

The searching process was extremely tedious, cos' all sorts of books were piled up like 'mountains'. You really need to 'dig in deep' to look for treasures and I'm so happy with my rewards!

Ok, I'm off now, I've got 7 books waiting for me....on top of another (half-read) book, which I bought for myself as a birthday gift, back in September....so total 8 books!!!!!*wink*

8 comments:

Something About Us said...

wah...so sweet of you to read for Allan leh.

I am so tempted to borrow "Rich Kid, Smart Kid" from you! hehe!

Angeline said...

I don't mind. Seriously!

Toni said...

I feel horrible, I did not know that this blog existed! Happy Reading!

Angeline said...

Awww.... Toni, don't feel bad... you are such a sweet person!

Woman in a Window said...

I'm reading one book right now, 1000 pages. At about 10 pages a night it's going to take me 'til I'm about 90 to finish. ugh.

I go to the library...free! Or garage sales, only a dollar or less. Are there garage sales or the equivalent there?

Angeline said...

Woman in a Window,

the sad thing is these books are not available in the library *sob sob* and with my speed of reading *laugh* those 'late' penalties would probably cost as much as a meal in a Japanese restaurant! *laugh*

Yes we have garage sales here too.... but hmmmm... at THAT PRICE for books? NEVER!!! Unless they are children books that is less than 10pages.... *pout*

Tina said...

8 books! that would keep me busy for about 8 years lol!! i hardly read!!

Anonymous said...

8 books :) good job.. I too love buying books..for me or Yuvan :) i Love reading books:)
Enjoy yourself:)

Hey Girlie..m back..looks like u had a fun time during these holidays.. read abt all the 6 not 5 places u had visited :)

will post soon.. Happy Birthday to Matin .. n hugs to BB n KK n offcourse uuuuuuuuuuuuu