Monday, December 29, 2008

I need help!

Ok, today's post is a SOS post. As you know from my other blog, we went to Marina Barrage again for the last time this year.

I wasn't with them in the water because my left eye is on its way to recovery. Thank you everyone for your kind words and concern....... and Erin, I didn't take antibiotics, I simply spend more time 'attending' to my left-eyelid by using my index finger and thumb to squeeze as much pus out each time I'm in front of my mirror. *Eeewww*

This is the worst sty I've ever had. Up to date, its been 4 days already. Yes the swell has subsided but the redness on the eye-lid is still there. Like I've mentioned in my Facebook status, it looks like I've applied eye-shadows on my left eye-lid and forgot about my right! Its THAT obvious. *eyes rolled*

Now its slightly itchy, not as painful as before (definitely!) with a little pus every now and then. So I would say its recovering pretty well, that's why I didn't want to risk getting infected again just because of a few hours of water fun.

Every decision has its consequences. My decision of sitting on the hot stone under the hot sun watching the kids play left me with something so annoying I can't sleep!

The heat is TRAPPED in my head! I don't know how to get rid of it! *Urggghhhh* Its irritating.

I bathed but it didn't work. I touched my head, it isn't hot like a fever, but the heat is unmistakably INSIDE my skull! or maybe its my skull that's burning.... oh... whatever...

I've got a bad feeling that if I COULD fall asleep eventually tonight, I'll wake up with a terrible headache tomorrow....

Anyone have any idea, how to get the HEAT out of my head? Thanks in advance!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, a few ideas...

1) You should know what is Wolfberry, right? Get it, using boiling temp water and pour onto it with like... a spoonful of them in cup (soup drinking spoon)and drink it like tea. After days with that serious condition over your eye, you need them for your eyes, drink them like water.

2) You are perhaps too heaty. Maybe you should ask your darling (Allan, your hubby) to go to Zheng Zhong Ping and get a few bottles of Cooling Tea they had boiled. They are good for cooling heatiness. Don't finish them all at one go, I don't think you want to get wobbly legs, xD
2 bottles first, then after around 8 to 10 hours, another bottle.

3) You need ice, a lot of ice. For? 2 methods, one pack over your head, not forehead, but right on top of your head. If it is possible, shaved ice is good, with what? Carrot shred over it. Yep, you didn't read me wrong, carrot. What purpose? First, carrots are good for eyes as well, vit A if I am not wrong, Carrot shred plus shaved ice is good for cooling too.

4) Water, you need to keep drinking water for whole day. Actually, the best way of detox is not going for detox pills and others, but water. Human needs 2l of water everyday, but in your case, 3l. Ok, DON'T DRINK ALL 3L AT ONE GO. I remember I told my friend and she went nuts over the water drinking all at once. No.
Why detox? Pus are actually a kind of accumulated toxic in your body/organs. If you think water is too plain, barley. China barley is not good to over boiled. Like another 20 to 30 mins will do when it starts to boil. Other types of barley you can boiled up to 3 hours to get the thickness like you see outside.

5) I got this problem years ago, solved within 1 day. Ice over the swollen eye, it will contract and the shrinking of the skins will push the pus out itself.

6) Last but not least, porridge. Plain porridge. Surprise~ Porridge is good for cooling as well. xD
It is the water in the porridge that is cooling.

7) Food to avoid at the moment, Seafood, chicken, duck, beef. As plain as your food can get to, you will need to get well asap so as to take care of your kids~

Sounds naggy, ain't I? xD *wink*

Angeline said...

Joan,

Woah!!! You are GREAT!!!
Ok, will go try now... for my head more than my eye... my left eye, I would say HAS Recovered! *Hooray*

Thank you thank you!

Lee said...

Hi Angeline, regret to read about your eye and head....but glad you have recovered.
Here's wishing you and all at home the best of Seasons greetings and a very happy new year.
Best regards, Lee.

Woman in a Window said...

Tell me you got antibiotics and it's healed now! Tell me you're fine! Dude, this is days later but it's not good one bit to let it go this far. Eek. Infection is a risky thing, especially in your head.

Angeline said...

Woman in a Window,

Yes and No girl.

My left eye is well, but not the fungus problem on my tummy.
Since Allan used to have this problem in the past, I'm using the medication that 'cured' him.... so far, there's big improvements.

Tell me about the 'infection in your head' man! That is scary!!!! My friend nearly died!