Monday, October 12, 2009

If Only....

So often I have heard others say 'If Only' .... (I have said them before too)

If Only I could turn back the clock
If Only I was given the chance to choose again
If Only I was older
If Only I was younger
If Only I was willing to listen
If Only I was born in a different family
If Only I was not obstinate
If Only I dared to speak
If Only I had the courage
If Only I had refused to let go
If Only I had not jumped to conclusion
If Only I had waited
If Only...

'If Only' = Regrets

Over time we grow, we change our belief systems, we alter our perceptions... and we look back and we said the two silly words of 'If Only'...

We are saying 'If Only', because we saw the consequences of that choice.
We are saying 'If Only', with our current 'grown-up' mindset, a more 'well-trained' mind, a more 'matured' spirit....
Yes, we would have made a different choice if the 'WE NOW' was in that 'Old Situation'.
But when we are willing to look back, with our belief systems Back THEN, with our perceptions back THEN, would we have made a different choice? The answer is almost 100% "NO!".

Back then, we were guided by a different mind, hence a different choice which gave birth to a different result.

At age 32, I am very blessed to be able to see how things actually do work out the way you wish to.
There are things that had made a HUGE U-Turn to where it all began.
There are things that had totally changed... for the better...
Seeing the big picture... some say they can't, hence they complain, 'cos they are too eager to see the end... limited patience....

I learned its not the big picture that truly gives us sight, gives us happiness, gives us growth...
Its the journey...
The people who were part of the journey...
The events which sent fireworks to the sky...
The once-difficult choices which had paid off or are still paying off....

My friend on MSN has a slogan which reads:
"Everything Happens For A Reason."

To Me,
"Everything Happens For A GOOD Reason."

With this in mind, I can stand up after every fall.
With this in mind, I can brave the storm.
With this in mind, I can take another step, even if its a baby step.....

5 comments:

Dreamycat said...

thanks for the post. I'm encouraged.

Mark Ong said...

Yes, just as its the same for "I should have done this, I should have done that, I should do this, I should...I should...I should..."

JUST DO IT.

Blessed mum said...

never regret what one had done/not done but learnt from it and move on..I believe too that everything happen for a reason..

Moomykin said...

My husband once said these very wise words to me, "All the What-If's don't count."

Have a good week.
:)


p/s- Noticed your new photo some time back and had wanted to say, "Oo... preettee!" *wink*

p/p/s- Could I have your e-mail please. I couldn't get you through the one on the blog.

Alison said...

Yes, I believe this too. Looking back, I wouldn't change even the hard times because they have made me the person I am today.