Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Addiction

Anything that is BIGGER than what your emotions can control is an addiction.
Be it an addiction to tearing at dramas,
addiction to drinking,
addiction to munching infront of the TV,
addiction to gambling,
addiction to complaining....etc

Anything which you ALLOW it to control you, is an addiction. No matter how much you complain about it, you still continue to do it. THAT is an addiction. Something that you know is NOT good for you (if not you won't be complaining), but you just let it lead you by the nose. That is an ADDICTION.

For the past 2 weeks.
I had a STRANGE addiction.
I call it strange because I am NOT a GAME person, yet I was addicted to this:

Bejeweled Blitz.

It took me away from blogging.
It took me away from visiting my readers' blogs.
It took me away from earning more money.
It took me away from time with the children.
It took me away from my precious sleep.
I remember playing it till 3am on a certain day!!!

Note, the keyword is 'WAS addicted'.

I am free from it now.
In fact, a little disgusted.

I guess the only way to pull one OUT of an addiction, is to be totally disgusted with the thing.
How?
Why?
I found out that my scores would be deleted on Every Tuesday.
I went "What???!!!!"

Imagine my effort, my time and my 'fame' could last for a week only??!
Worse, imagine if my high score was on Monday.
It only lasted for ONE day!!!!
*faint*

So off it goes!
Out of my mind, my heart, my soul....
Shooo...

I was addicted to chocolates at first, till I found the benefits it provides, I no longer call it an addiction. I call it my Daily Dose of Happiness. Cos' indeed, Dark Chocolate has such powers. *wink*

And it doesn't add on to your weight. The country which produces the MOST chocolates in the world, has one of the LOWEST obesity rate and that is if you eat Only 1-2 pieces a day.... not a box a day, mind you! *giggle*

6 comments:

Blessed mum said...

Hey! Let's congrats one another!! I too had pulled myself up from the "addiction". now only playing for leisure and only my own FB! YIPPEE!!

Woman = we have control over our mind/ action..Man = mind control them..hahaha...

Angeline said...

*Huge Huge Laugh*
*Hi-Five*
Whoo-hoo....

Mommy Lose Weight said...

so Allan still being controlled by bejewel ??

Woman in a Window said...

One or two? Are you crazy? Bring on the box!

xo
erin

Mark Ong said...

Chocolate is also my favourite, which is greatly reduced to a delicacy, only when i celebrate or feels good i'll take it.

Or well, when i wanna change 'state' i'll take it as well. heh.heh.heh

Angeline said...

Ling That's Me,

Nahhh...
he is more 'controlled' by the fishes and the vegetables...
*laugh*
you know what I mean hor?!!!
*laugh*