Friday, May 28, 2010

How To Remove A Negative Feeling?

I was having a heart to heart talk with one of my mentors.
As many of you know, I am a sea that holds many people's secret bottles. Wrote a poem about it over here. Go read if you have not.

Not that I aim to solve the problems of whoever that comes to me. But at least to leave them some options to get going, to start tackling the issues that have been bothering them or at the VERY LEAST, to put a smile on their faces before we end the conversation.

I asked my mentor, "How does one effectively remove a negative feeling?"
And just like most mentors, the answer to anything emotional is a thought process.
He suggested that we should always ask ourselves:
  1. What am I focusing on?
  2. What meaning am I giving to this?
  3. Does it match with the priorities of my values?
He continued to emphasize that we should always move towards our priorities we set for ourselves even if it means that we have to face our deepest fear upfront.

This may be too deep for many. But for those who understands, I hope you would greatly benefit from this post.

*hugs*

No comments: