Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Very Own 21 Stress Free Tips

Tip 12 of 21

Some people are such workaholics! I was too! *giggle*
Asking me to rest, except sleeping (I am well-known sleep-Queen *giggle*), is as good as killing me.
That was me in the past.

When I said I am having some Quality Me-Time (Tip 11), people start to question and criticize...
"Don't you miss your family?"
"There are so many things undone, how can you do this?"
"This is Wrong, you should settle what needs to be done first! Not have fun."
"What do you do during your Me-Time? I cannot think of any."

My response...
When I am having a Me-Time, the focus point is ME!!!
If not it would NOT be called ME-Time!

How do you expect me to enjoy when my mind is always thinking about my family or something else?
When I am having my ME-Time, I go all out to enjoy myself. Whatever I do, is to PLEASE myself and NO one else (remember my Tip 1?).
I do something exciting or mind-occupying so much so that I have no time to think of the stressful issue.

It is NEVER wrong to pamper yourself. Because if you don't feel good about yourself, NOTHING good will come out of whatever you do. I am Serious!

When you feel good about yourself, your mind is at rest and at peace with your soul and thus things fall into place as you wish them to be.
And when they don't, guess what? Your clearer mind can help you to think of a better solution, if not, your clearer mind can help you handle your emotions and the situation better.
*Smile*

So What do I do? Workaholics or Worriers are at a lost when they are told to rest and relax. *laugh* So here are some ideas....
  • Sing! Book a KTV room and sing your heart out! Its the best de-stress method EVER!
  • Go to the beach and listen to the Waves
  • Find a 'nice' place and plug the earpiece in with your favourite music on
  • Go for a tea gathering with friends
  • Go for a massage, pedicure, manicure
  • Go for a hair-wash or a perm
  • Go for seminars
  • Go for a movie (for goodness sake, choose comedy or cartoon)

The key point here is Do Something That Will Make You Smile!!! Or better still... LAUGH!!!

No comments: