Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Big Sea, am I?

You, you, you
So many of you came to me
Through the days of my life

The depressed you
The angry you
The helpless you
The fearful you
The disappointed you
The guilty you
So many of you....

I thank you for your trust
Yet, how can I tell you that I wish I had not your trust

A Big Sea, am I?
You wrote a secret note
Slipped it into the bottle
Corked it

Threw right into me
I couldn't retaliate
It came as a surprise

I was moved by your trust
You decided not to bury it under the sand
You decided not to burn it
But you decided to share with me
I Thank you

Bottles after bottles
All my life
They have been thrown to me without warning
I promised that it will be safe with me
I promised and I kept ALL of them

Yet nature has its way around
The wind blew
The current was strong
Your bottle was back to shore
There is a saying that goes 'Truth Will Out'

I DID NOT make the wind blew
I DID NOT raise the current
That's The Law of Nature
That's what's governing this world we live in

Your bottle was discovered
Your secret uncovered

Will you blame me?
When it wasn't even me?
Cos I have NO VOICE in my throat
I don't even have a throat

You trusted me
So you came and poured your heart
Yet where have that trust gone to now?

****All my life, some people call 'this' a talent, others see 'it' a gem. The trust that people see in me; to tell me their deepest secret. Their darkest thoughts. Their most regretful moment. Yet, I see this as a burden. To know so many secrets.

This sea is so filled with bottles.
The tide has rose to flood the land.
This sea is burdened.
And this burden gets heavier with each new bottle thrown into my arms.

A Big Sea, am I?
You think I have no threshold?
Let me tell you,
I HAVE.
And now I wish I could dry up....

5 comments:

Blessed mum said...

oh..i understand your feelings..i, too, do not want to know others' secrets..its such heavy burden.

guess you are a vy good listener..that's y pple like to share wif u.

relax..tomorrow is christmas eve..throw all this unhappiness away and go enjoy!

Angeline said...

Thank you for comforting and making me laugh so often....
*hugs*

Mark, 1-2-3-Coach said...

The Sea of Abundance, or is it ? Heard of such sayings, so to the garden, find a hole, throw out into it, bury it & leave.

What does it sounds like ? Hmm.. Something to think about.

Angeline said...

Mark,

I am NOT the sea of Abundance to others' secret and I NEVER will. cos I'm human too...

The saying is not related to this, you are probably thinking of something else....

Mommy Lose Weight said...

BIG HUGZZZ